Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wholesale flower market?

does anyone know of a wholesale flower market in or near the city? I want a market with buckets of flowers to pick from! Something like this has to exsist in the city, right???

Re: Wholesale flower market?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hm, that's a great question that i'd be interested to hear the answer to too!  I know there are a bunch of Farmer's Markets around the city (and Downtown every Tuesday & Thursday) but the flower selection is limited.  I know there are Farmer's Markets in the suburbs too, so perhaps to a google search on those and see what comes of it!
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kenicott's is the wholesale market for the floral industry in Chicago and I don't think general consumers are allowed - you have to have some industry credentials.  If you know someone in the biz, they might be able to get you in!

I have heard that the Crate and Barrel  (on North Ave) and Costco has flowers you can choose wholesale.  Good luck!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options

Don't know if this would help but every Tuesday/Thursday there is a farmer's market in the federal plaza/daley center that has fresh flowers.

• Options
    smackowiak34smackowiak34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sadly there are not any flower marts in the city where the public can just go & walk through & pick flowers from a large selection. That is typically something that is on the  West Coast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is not a flower market, but Sams Club sells bulk flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Louis has a wholesale flower market that is open to the public. I am disappointed that Chicago does not!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Just booked my florist and she offered me the option to purchase wholesale flowers for me, in the event that I wanted to do the arrangements myself. 

While I did decide to have her do th eflowers for me (her work is stunning), I thought it was great that she was willing to give me a price on loose flowers because I hadn't made up my mind about if I wanted to do them myself or not.

you might want to send them an email to see about having them get you flowers....

http://www.jwfloraldesign.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards