Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dress Alterations

Hey all! I posted this in another board and someone suggested I post it in the Chicago board. I'm from the NW suburbs and I'm looking for a place that will do alterations on a dress. I am probably going to wear my mom's dress and it has 80s sleeves on it that I'm looking to have removed. If anyone knows of any dressmakers or any alterations places in the area that could do this type of thing I would appreciate their names!

Re: Dress Alterations

• Options
    Definitely call Mary Catomy. She is great, because of that she is very popular which means you may not get an appoinment depending on when your wedding is. She is located in Schiller Park. (847) 678-7226
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks a lot! I will call her asap
  • Options
    I second Mary Catomy!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    521image 126image 39image 356image RSVP Date: August 1
  • Options
    Sylvia in Arlington Heights is absolutely amazing.  I purchased my gown from a large retailer but had no desire to have alterations done there.  I found her online and am sooooo glad I did.  She has her own small place on Arlington Heights Rd just south of downtown (but she also does work/designs for Brides by Demetrios).  She altered my wedding dress and 2 of my BM dresses (one needed some major alterations) for amazing prices.  She'll even stay open late if you aren't able to make an afternoon appointment.
    sylviabridal@gmail.com or 847.912.3613

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards