Illinois-Chicago

Trolley? Or vintage car? Or shuttle/coach bus?

I like the idea of renting a trolley to take the wedding part around before and after the ceremony. I'm getting married in the northern suburbs, does anyone know of a place that would bring a trolley up that way? How much would that cost?

If that's not possible, what companies offer a reasonable price for vintage car rentals? Or for a small bus?

Which idea is best?

Re: Trolley? Or vintage car? Or shuttle/coach bus?

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Chicago Trolley Co and I just booked them yesterday. For 4 hours, we are paying $1087 which includes taxes and tip for the vintage trolley. We are in the NW burbs so I'm not sure how far North you are but they are worth checking out!
    FYI, if your wedding is between Memorial Day and Labor Day then mention code CTC and you get $100 off which is what we did (usually $1200 for 4 hours)
  • Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Transportation was not a high priority for me so we went with a mini-bus that seated 40 people - the bus was pretty nice, had a CD/DVD player, A/C, heat, bucket seats and plenty of room for coolers.  We had one bus that transported the bridal party and family to our photo locations starting at 3pm.

We then had another bus come starting at 6pm (for a total of 2 buses to shuttle people from the hotel to the venue) from 6pm-9pm and then went to only one bus from 9pm to 1:30 am to shuttle people back to the hotel.  Our total cost for everything (excluding tip) was $1,100 which I thought was pretty good.

We went with Chicago Minibus - it wasn't a limo but better than a shuttle van!

http://www.chicagominibus.net/protected_page%204a.html
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards