Illinois-Chicago

European Crystal, Meridian, Astoria and Versailles

Hello ladies,
just wondering if any of you worked with any of these venues? comments, things you loved? or warnings?
thank you!

Re: European Crystal, Meridian, Astoria and Versailles

• edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at Meridian Banquets on July 30, 2011 (Around the corner).

I love my venue, since the rooms are nice, and they have really fair prices and the service i have got since day one has been awesome, and  the tasting was awesome.

The only negative thing is that only deposit is allowed to be paid on credit card, the rest must be in cash, money order or cheque.

My package includes cocktail hour, 4 courses menu (beef and chicken on same dish), cake, premium alcoholic drinks, rent of the hall, cake,service, set up of tables, basic flower centerpieces and votive candles., and white lines, and  gratuity and tax is 11% .You can always upgrade sashes or other type of linens, PRICES PER PERSON: $56 so i dont find it bad at all.

I heard nice reviews on European Crystal but have also heard they come with hidden costs plus they are quite higher than meridian, and pretty much offer the same.

I don't know about the other places but i DO LOOOOOOOOOOVE my venue.

Congrats

Any questions, please feel free to contact me =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • roxiems75roxiems75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meridian was my second place for my venue. I loved Meridian thought the price was good.  I know that the service there is great and they have nice package.  I dont think this was a bad choice.  I choice Venuti's in Addison for my hall they are more money but I loved the inside.  Congrats and I would love to hear how everything works out. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  i am super excited!  im going there tomorrow!  will update you on the progress :) after reading both of your reviews im less nervous and anxious!  thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Let us know how did it go! My coordinator at the venue is Joyce, she's so nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, so we just had our visits yesterday, and i was quite dissapointed at first but then it picked up during the day!  since we are planning a small wedding (50-70 people, we knew it would be harder to find something affordable yet elegant). however, when we went to European Crystal they were rude, unpleasant and pretty much told us its too small for them to make a profit out of us :(
    on the other hand, Meridian was absolutely the opposite!  we met with Susan!  she was really nice, helpfull and full of great ideas and suggestions!  this venue is definately staying on our list for now!  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about the dissapoitment, i know it sucks..but hey they will miss it! ;)

Hope you find the one you like

Let us know the updates! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards