Illinois-Chicago

Need help w/non denominational marriage officiant!

Anyone know a non denominational marriage officiant in Chicago that does weddings? I'm having my ceremony at a hotel and need an officiant. So far have only found really expensive people. Looking for <$500. Thanks ladies!

Re: Need help w/non denominational marriage officiant!

• jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found someone but she's 600. I'm very impressed so far.

Michele Rose is her name
  • edited December 2011
    We are using a nondenominational officiant we found through our dj.  If you call A-list Dj's and ask for John, he can help you.  He is amazing and very accomodating.  The number is (847) 513-2395.  Hope that helps.
  • ricekrissyricekrissy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!!
    is it reasonable to try to find someone <$500 or do you think its generally more expensive than that?
  • edited December 2011
    Rev. Tom Perucci... I think he's right at $500. He's FANTASTIC.
  • ltleenltleen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have got to check our Reverand Anne Styx (www.revforwhatev.com)! She's an ordained interfaith minister, and she is one of the most open-minded people I've ever met. She'll do religious or secular, or a bit of both; she'll do a simple black suit if you prefer or she'll dress up as Elvis if it's your dream (seriously). Her fees are listed on her website, and you definitely won't find any better bang for your officiant buck. We haven't had our ceremony yet, but we've already met her and confidently recommend her up and down.
  • edited December 2011
    We searched around a lot for somebody (we really wanted a male officiant) that doesn't have any religious affiliations and found Victor Oswald, I love his personality.  He's a 'celebrant' which is more in line with mine and my fiance's views.  He's $600 and I think that's about average for Chicago...

This is his website:
    http://www.memorable-ceremonies.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using rev on the run and they are $375. Haven't had the wedding yet, but so far they have been easy to work with and a completely customizable ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am agnostic & FI is Catholic.  We LOVE our officiant Father Greg Zimmerman.  He is $300 and also includes 3 relationship sessions.  So far he is my favorite vendor.  Weird coming from a non-religious person, but so true. 
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • edited December 2011
    I second Rev. Anne Styxs. We are using her as well. She's really nice, sincere and you can't beat the price!!
  • edited December 2011
    Michelle Rose is ours and she seems very open minded and fun! 
  • scstar17scstar17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose Rev on the Run also!  I'm very excited, the lady is super friendly and fun. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Rev Tom Perucci as well. Only $350 w/out rehearsal dinner. Note he charges more for downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards