Illinois-Chicago
Options

Engagement Party ideas - downtown or western suburbs

Hi ladies,

My family's hosting an engagement party for my FI and I, and someone suggested one of the dinner boats out of Navy Pier; however, I'm curious for any other ideas or suggestions.  It'll be a party of 20-25 people - both sets of parents, adult siblings, and our early 30-something friends.  We're definitey not looking for a bar, but something a little different than dinner at a nice restaurant. 

Thanks so much!

Re: Engagement Party ideas - downtown or western suburbs

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for something other than a large group of people sitting and dining, there are many cooking schools that offer cooking class parties.....Heat and Spice and The Chopping Block are two that come to mind.  Kendall may offer something as well.  There are microbreweries and wineries that also offer private events.  The Lynfred Winery in Roselle is very nice.  Depending on your musical taste, a catered picnic at Ravinia can be nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if you could do something fun like a wine tasting at Cooper's Hawk Winery in Burr Ridge. It's a great place...lots of yummy wine and food! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I love all the suggestions you've offered!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards