Illinois-Chicago

Outdoor Venues

The search is being retarded today otherwise I wouldn't post this.

I'm looking for outdoor venues, alcohol friendly, and beautiful. A renovated barn on a big farm would be cool as heck. Forest preserves would be neat as well, as long as drinking was ok.

Most of our family is based in the southern suburbs. Anything within an hour drive would be perfect.

TIA!

Re: Outdoor Venues

• edited December 2011
    You can do your reception outdoors at Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook.
    It's easy access from the south side.
    Check out my vendor reviews below for pros and cons. A great pro is you can bring in your own catering and bar. A con is they are strict on liquor license and insurances.
    good luck...
  • edited December 2011
    i just booked Four Rivers Environmental Educational center its in will county forest preserve on the il river. it is sooooooo pretty  and reasonable for an outdoor wedding!! i was looking at narnia estates, cantigney park and CD&ME they are really pretty outdoor places but  they have huge rental fees!

located within McKinley Woods - Kerry Sheridan Grove in Channahon, the District's Four Rivers Environmental Education Center rests within a picturesque setting.

positioned where the Des Plaines, DuPage, and Kankakee Rivers meet to form the Illinois River, Four Rivers offers a stunning view of the outdoors and peaceful surroundings for conferences, banquets, and meetings.

http://www.reconnectwithnature.org/visitor-centers/freec
    August 2011 siggy challenge: Fur Baby! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake is beautiful and you can bring your own alcohol.  www.prairiecrossing.com/pc/site/barn_index.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards