Illinois-Chicago

Changing colors

Help please!
I'm thinking about changing my colors.  I haven't ordered flowers or anything with color yet.
My colors are black and ivory.  My accent color was going to be green. Now I'm thinking I like pink.  Like a fuschia or peony.  The bm dresses are black. 
I have to make a decision quick because my save the dates are going to be made in the next couple of days. 
So do you think I should stick to my original plan or change it with 6 month to go?  I've been back and forth on this for a couple of weeks.  I have good ideas for both colors.
Thanks for any advice!

Re: Changing colors

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Not sure what shade of green you were considering, but all 4 colors work well together.  My daughter is doing black/white with pink as the primary accent color (more the bold, fuschia shade as well), but is "sprinkling" that with just a bit of lime green for a pop.  The green will slightly accent her flowers with a sprig or two of greens to break up the floral aspect; she has a pink margarita as a signature drink and will "accent" that with lime garnishes and a table coaster with a lime design to break up the pink, black and white at the tables. 

I guess the point of my rambling is that you don't necessarily have to rule out any color....just decide which you prefer to use more of----my guess is you may have a bit more flexibility/options using pink flowers in bouquets rather than green...think about which color may work easier/better with dress accents......take a little more time....there is no wrong answer! 
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just do all 4 colors! You don't need to have a certain number and they all compliment each other very nicely, think of the flowers you can have with pinks and greens!

• edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, do all of them if need be!  No one will really notice, IMO.  I changed my colors about 12 times before I felt good about what I have now.  I ended up incorporating most of the colors I wanted together.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, do all 4 colors! Our colors are close to yours and I think they will all look great together. Hot pink flowers with a green ribbon against black BM dresses.....hott!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used all of the Jewel toned colors and made them all work together, It was gorgeous, it can be done!!! Florals and (linen colors chosen) by kiokreations.com
    We used blue linen on the round tables, and beautiful textured linen on our long family table with coordinating florals, it was stunning.

• HannasMOHHannasMOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Green is an accent in most weddings anyway with the green from flowers and other natural elements.  I agree, all three work really well together, go for it!
  • edited December 2011

Thank you for all of the suggestions!  All four is probably the route I'll go. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards