Illinois-Chicago
Options

engagment pics

Taking our pics in a week and a half. Our photographer suggested St. James Farm and/or Fayban Forest Preserve West in Geneva Japanese Gardens Area anyone been there?? She has some railroad tracks and an urban warehouse near the Japanese garden in downtown Batavia that I definitely wanted to do..

Re: engagment pics

• Options
    The Japanese garden in Geneva is beautiful but you need to buy a permit to take pictures there!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In doing some research for myself, I found out the St. James Farm requires a permit...in fact, it seems like many of the locations that are in the DuPage Forest Preserve District may be requiring them. And they're not cheap; something over $100. However, I think a photographer can "buy" a yearly permit & shoot as much as they want? I'd ask your photog to double check :)
  • Options
    oh jeez... i am going to check with her. she says she shoots there alot so hopefully she knows something i dont!! thanks for tips!!!
  • Options
    Herrick Lake, Blackwell Forest Preserve and Warrenville Grove are some very pretty areas for photos. No permit needed.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards