Illinois-Chicago

Stitch of Bliss

What's the good and bad in your experience with Stitch of Bliss?

Thanks,
Katie

Re: Stitch of Bliss

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi @katie--I hope you received my email!  Overall I've had a great experience. I'm having my second fitting next week, so I'll be happy to give an update then.
  • mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I originally had my fitting scheduled with her and I sent her emails of my dress (as she requested) because I wanted some modifcations. Never heard an email back and followed up via phone and email and no response. I loved the concept that she would come to me, but there was no follow through. It took her weeks to return my first phone call. After the several non-responsive emails and phone calls I made to follow up, I booked with someone else.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies! I'm afraid of lacko-of or very slow responses which I have next to no patience for! ugh...decisions decisions. After a couple days and a couple of emails to get a response I got one and have an appt for Monday evening...fingers crossed!

Aimers-I never saw your email. :(
    edited December 2011
    I just re-sent my email. Check your spam maybe? :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm interested in information too. Right now I sort of have two appointments set-up for alterations:

One with Stitch Of Bliss  and the other with Julia Needlman here in the city.  So I'm trying to decide which appt to keep, and which to cancel...

Neither one seems to have raving reviews- but there aren't many with availablity left with my tight summer schedule (I'm an event-planner most of my weekends and evenings are busy this time of year!)

Aimers I PMed you- you could email me though if you wanted:  mary.e.rucker @ gmail

Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    @lamar--I'll email you in a second!
  • fluxwavefluxwave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do NOT use Cori from Stitch of Bliss. She over charged me by $100. I called her to correct the error. She never returned my calls or emails.

I wouldn't trust someone like that.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_stitch-of-bliss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:e1dd3594-20a2-4022-8736-d23c4bacc7ffPost:cc94c241-f0d1-4548-ba7e-00d53e90fb02">Re: Stitch of Bliss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do NOT use Cori from Stitch of Bliss. She over charged me by $100. I called her to correct the error. She never returned my calls or emails. I wouldn't trust someone like that.
    Posted by fluxwave[/QUOTE]

You've posted this several times, but don't give any information beyond that. Could you clarify how she overcharged you? It seems strange to me. She quoted me a price, I gave her a deposit, she sent me a receipt showing my deposit and the amount that I had due and then when she delievered my dress I paid her the amount due. If you thought she was overcharging you, wouldn't you ask her about it before you paid her the amount that you paid her?
  • edited December 2011
    I used her for my April 2, 2011 wedding.  I needed hemming, a bustle, and the bust taken in slightly.  Everyone else wanted to charge me $379 or higher.  She did it all for $150.  I like how she comes to your house for everything.  I got nervous because sometimes she didn't return my calls right away, BUT she kept all her dates.  Overall, I would definitely use her again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards