Illinois-Chicago

Anyone have a trusted hair stylist?

So... I'm lame. We're getting married May 29th and I haven't booked my hair stylist. 

I'm planning from out of town (my groom is from Chicago, and we're moving there permanently a few weeks before the wedding), so I've only been going on others' recommendations. 

I need someone that is able to do our hair in-suite and I'd love to find someone that's good without being outrageously priced. I just hired my makeup artist and while I know he's very good, he's also expensive... I do feel a little bit guilty about the amount of money we're spending. 

I got some great recommendations, but it was also for the person that has done Charlize Theron's hair. Not actually making me feel better about being spendy. 
"I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box

Re: Anyone have a trusted hair stylist?

• edited December 2011
    EDIT: You don't have a PM, stupid knot.

Can you try PMing me?
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    we're using sharon daniel salon.

she our hair for my sister's wedding, so i feel totally confident using sharon.  her makeup artists are very good, too. 

her website is www.sharondaniel.com

i don't know where she falls relative to the other people you've checked out, but hair/makeup are $115/65 for the bride and $75/65 for the bridesmaids.  
  • Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Livia Caporale did a great job and has gotten great reviews for her work here.  Not sure if she is out of your price range though.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • edited December 2011
     Another one for Livia!  She will come to you and I love that her style is more modern and not "cheesy wedding hair"
  • edited December 2011
    I sent you a PM
  • slouise23slouise23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My hair stylist was Lisa Rae Sumowski; she works in a town south of Chicago.  She is SO friendly and SO talented (does makeup too), and she travels to wherever you are.  Her prices are way more reasonable than most city stylists.

The salon where she works is Simply Hair and Nails (ph: 708-672-5550).  Give her a call!

• BlueBoxBrideBlueBoxBride member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booo! I don't think I am getting my PMs. 

"I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards