Illinois-Chicago
Options

am i being unrealistic

we are meeting with florists for the first time tomorrow and i am getting nervous that i am being unrealistic

i am hoping to only spend about $750-$1000 on a florist for our wedding. i am only doing flowers for the bridal party, our parents, readers, etc. the problem is i have a very large wedding party...29!!!!

am i unrealistic???

Re: am i being unrealistic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many actual bouquets do you need vs. corsages and boutonnieres?

My florist is charging:
    $150 for my bouquet
    $65 for each bridesmaid bouquet
    $15 per corsage
    $10 per boutonniere

My flowers are mostly roses and cala lillies
  • Options
    Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow.. you do have a large bridal party.  I don't know if you are being unrealistic but it is a stretch so hopefully your meeting with some good florists that know how to stretch a budget!  My bouquet is 150, bridesmaids are 65, bouts are 14 or 13, corsage is 16, mothers wristlet is 20.. etc just to give you an idea.  You might have to go with smaller sized bouquets or make some adjustments in the flowers themselves but I think it could be done. 
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you have in your party number wise. My florist broke down our budget by the following... (white roses and stephanotis and star of bethlaham)

$65 brides bouquet
    FREE - toss bouquet
    $25 each bridesmaid
    $5-7 bouts (FH got a lil special something that no one else did)
    $5-9 corsages (pin or wrist)

My florist is Judy's in Harvard, IL. She delivers (costs extra- not bad). She has been in business for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Because my daughter is not a real "flower fanatic", and because, in her words, she does not want to overplay the flowers and underplay her dress, her flowers are "understated".  Her simple clutch bouquet, consisting mostly of white roses, and a few black feathers, is $80.  The BM's will be $40...consisting mostly of hot pink roses/feathers.....but they are being made to wrap around clutch purses the girls will be holding.  Corsages are $20; small clutches for Godmothers are $30; boutonniere's are $7.

You can control a bit of the costs by selecting seasonal flowers or providing some of the non-floral items.  We are providing the feathers and much of the ribbon by purchasing them half off at Michael's.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    That is pretty tight! Do all of those people have to have flowers?? You could maybe consider some non-floral options for those who don't need flowers, but who you still want to set apart from others. Like using greens and ribbon or something along those lines.

Also, be VERY flexible about the type of flowers. Going in-season as mentioned will help. I basically told my florist that I wanted bright colors and a lot of texture, told her what my budget was, and left the rest up to her. She was able to come up with something fan-freaking-tastic that was WAY under our budget.

The fact that you aren't doing floral centerpieces will definitely help you there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I don't think so. I would contact Vicky at Flowers at Victoria. She works out of her home, but seriously does amazing work and will work with just about any budget. www.flowersbyvictoria.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you can do it.  You can keep the flowers simple.  
    My bouquet was $95
    My bridemsaids bouquets were only $10 each!  They were small simple bouquets of 3 sunflowers and they were gorgeous!
    Our bouts were a simple yellow daisy $5 each.

You could have your bridesmaids cary a single stem.
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have two words= costco.com and sams.com.  You can order the bouquets/bouts/corsages, etc. already put together (you just have to put the centerpieces in vases) or you can buy bulk flowers and you or someone you know could arrange them.  I understand the instore florist at Costco in Downers Grove does weddings also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just to let everyone know...i did it....kristin at kio kreations is awesome!!!! i am gettting exactly what i want and she came in 53 cents under my budget!!!!

i am so excited!!!
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    YAY for 53 cents! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards