Illinois-Chicago

R.S.V.P. for June 18 wedding

On which date should the deadline be to R.S.V.P. for a June 18 wedding?

Re: R.S.V.P. for June 18 wedding

• edited December 2011
    I made my RSVP date for a month before the wedding so that I had time to track people down if needed...which you will have to do. I would take into consideration when you have to have a final head count to your venue by and also when you want to send them out, like if you are having out-of-town guests. Typically it's a month before for the RSVP, maybe a little before.

Good Luck!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is on June 25th but our final count must be to the venue by June 11th.  Therefore, I made the RSVP date by June 1st so the invites will go out April 18th. 
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is July 9th and our RSVP is June 10th. We were going to send them out the end of April however, postage is going up the middle of April so we're sending them out before then.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is on July 1 and my RSVP date is June 3. When I ordered my invites, they told me that a month is usually the standard.
  • edited December 2011
    Check when you need to get a final headcount to your caterer and work back a week or two to give you time to track down people who didn't respond.  We did Dec. 1 for our Dec. 18 wedding.  4 weeks before the wedding is about the earliest you can politely set an RSVP date.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing one month before our wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Most people will tell you that if your RSVP is too early, you will have a lot of cancellations right before when people's plans change. The general rule is 1 week before your final headcount is due. That gives you a week to track down the non-responders.

For our September 4 wedding, the final guest list is due 10 days before (August 20th ish). Our RSVP date is August 10.
    Anniversary image
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is April 9th for our May 14th wedding. I need to give our graphic designer the names for the place cards three weeks before, so I left myself a buffer to call those folks who haven't RSVP'd.
  • mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same wedding date and our RSVP deadline is May 13th. It's a little bit more than a month before the wedding, but I wanted to make sure I had time to harass anyone that didn't send their cards in on time (my family and some friends are known to not return cards).

Sending cards out April 1st because I don't want to have to deal with the extra mail from people sending in their taxes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards