Illinois-Chicago

Alterations in Chicago?

Hello all! I bought my dress in Baltimore, just moved to Boston, and am getting married in Chicago! Since the wedding is in Chicago and my parents live there, it's the best place for me to have my dress altered. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

I've heard great things about Mary Catomy but she'll be on vacation the month before and after our wedding.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Alterations in Chicago?

• Dress doctor (Water tower place) or Ms Couture(Lincoln Park). Both are great and in the city. I used Dress Doctor and she was great. She also made a custom dress for my mom in less than 3 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought my dress at Macy's State Street (and they don't do wedding dress alterations) and they refer Davis Imperial in Chicago. I had a great experience. They are quick, attentive and great all around--plus they deliver your dress to you before the wedding (so if you live with husband to be, you won't have to try to hide it!)
  • Hi. I moved to Chicago from Fort Lauderdale. Found a seamstress in Fort Lauderdale with a great reputation who would do simple alterations and steaming for around $100. Can anyone recommend someone in a comparable price range here? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards