Hawaii
Options

Help for Hawaii wedding

My fiance and I just got engaged and have our hearts set on a wedding in Hawaii this August. We have taking a look at the island and can't seem to narrow our search down to one. My parents have a timeshare that has resorts on the big island as well as Kauai, but both have so many venues and choices that we feel a little overwhelmed.

This is where you come in...

We will only have about 30 people attending the wedding, so we would like an intimate location. 

We were thinking of having the reception and ceremony at the same place overlooking the ocean. So, any recommendations on a good restaurant/venue would be great!

For the rehearsal dinner we were thinking of attending a luau.

Any input you could provide would be great. I look forward to hearing all of your response, thanks in advance!

Re: Help for Hawaii wedding

• Options
    Congrats on choosing Hawaii! My FI and I are getting married on Kauai. We chose that island because so many people we'd talked to had such wonderful things to say about it. It's the smallest island so it seems a little "less" touristy (our friend's discription not ours - we've never been). 

For you, I'd say it's really up to your budget and would start by contacting various resorts to compare their packages. Also google wedding coordinators in the areas you're suggesting. They are a wonderful resource and some of them have connections to great vendors you don't find online. And just a heads up, in my experience, it has taken days to hear back from some places. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the info....

Based on our parents timeshares, we are looking at either the Big Island or Kauai (think we are leaning more twords Kauai). Have you choosen a venu and or reception location yet? If so, where?

• Options
    Hey! We're getting married on the north shore - Hanalei Bay Beach, and are planning for our reception to take place in the function room at the Tahiti Nui. It's apparently considered "lower class", but their pricing and the fact that we can surprise our guests with luau entertainment, we're excited. 

We had booked our coordination/officiant services through KatRama at Rainbow Weddings. Due to a date change, we are unable to utilize her services but she is amazing! So easy to work with - helpful and responsive. Our budget wasn't high enough for having a ceremony/reception at a local resort so we stuck with talking with various wedding planning vendors. 

Hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_help-for-hawaii-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:08e7eec9-647c-4d1c-a46d-2ac122143083Post:0ab9e7fe-5f49-44aa-a27a-260be72fa945">Re: Help for Hawaii wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info.... Based on our parents timeshares, we are looking at either the Big Island or Kauai (think we are leaning more twords Kauai). Have you choosen a venu and or reception location yet? If so, where?
    Posted by jjanderw[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello, we're also getting married on Kauai! We've chosen Na 'Aina Kai Botanical Garden for both our reception and ceremony. It's located on the North Shore in Kilauea. We can't wait! Are you thinking North or South shore??</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_help-for-hawaii-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:08e7eec9-647c-4d1c-a46d-2ac122143083Post:a8f3d8a3-f1b8-4dd4-bd87-0739f7c950ac">Re: Help for Hawaii wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on choosing Hawaii! My FI and I are getting married on Kauai. We chose that island because so many people we'd talked to had such wonderful things to say about it. It's the smallest island so it seems a little "less" touristy (our friend's discription not ours - we've never been).  For you, I'd say it's really up to your budget and would start by contacting various resorts to compare their packages. Also google wedding coordinators in the areas you're suggesting. They are a wonderful resource and some of them have connections to great vendors you don't find online. And just a heads up, in my experience, it has taken days to hear back from some places. Good luck!
    Posted by KateH2013[/QUOTE]
     <div>Hooray, another Kauai bride!! I hardly see any on the internet so it's nice to know you're all out there!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards