Ohio-Columbus

Registry suggestions for bedding?

So The FH and I are registered at BB&B... It's awesome except we didn't LOVE and of the bedding options. So we're in search for another place to register.Macy's was OK... we only found 1 bedding option but nothing else in the store appealed to us.what are your thoughts about kohls? the turnover rate makes me nervous, but the deals are AMAZING.target's return plicy makes my heart hurt... and quite frankly I don't know where else to look. We cant decide if we want a duvet or a regular comforter..... pros/cons?thoughts please?

Re: Registry suggestions for bedding?

• edited December 2011
    The only bedding we registered for was a down comforter (because I have been dreaming about owning one my entire life) and a duvet cover and we received both.  I suggest a down comforter because you can change the duvet as you please.  That being said, it's not any cheaper this way (probably more expensive actually).We registered for our bedding at Macy's and have been able to pick up some of the other pieces on sale since the wedding.  They had a great selection and we are extremely happy with what we picked out.
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Crate & Barrel?
  • edited December 2011
    Kohls!!! I love that store.
  • MynewcutieMynewcutie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Kohls and they have nice bedding, and usually greta deals especially for people with Kohl's Card. Also, JcPenny has nice bed sets and they usually run decent sales. I bought an amazing, really thick and plush comforter from JcPenny think I paid maybe $75.
  • edited December 2011
    I also would recommend registering for a down comforter and duvet cover.  I LOVE my down comforter!  I know Pottery Barn is expensive, but they usually have some nice striped patterns that are classy but not too girly.  Maybe if you find something you love a group of friends could go in together for a wedding/shower gift.
  • edited December 2011
    We have a down comforter and duvet. I've never had a regular comforter, so I can't talk about that, but I love down comforters because they stay so plush and can be really warm in the winter (not to mention feel great tucked under your arm as you sleep!) The only major downside is that once you take off the duvet comforter, no matter what the quality of the comforter, the feathers can fly! Also, getting the duvet cover back on after washing is usually a 2 person job. But totally worth it.
  • femmefatal1femmefatal1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Erin, My suggestion is to go with a down/feather duvet, and get some high quality sheets, duvet cover, and even high quality pillows too if you want to swing it- these things can last to around 20 years if you get good quality- and honestly better with age. I would recommend sticking with sheets that are 100% cotton, (some printed sheets are cotton poly blend) and a thread count of 350 or more, obviously the higher the tread count the better. As a suggestion Birch sheets are heavenly if you can find them... My suggestion for a registering for a down comforter is because you can keep the comforter for ages, and switch out the cover... with a traditional comforter you have to throw out the whole thing... and when you do, the whole thing is made out of poly fiber fill, bad for the environment... where the down is bio degradable. ALSO, the down comforters are heavenly- and the one I own now is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Kevin and I are having a hard time finding bedding that we like too... I loved the old Donna Karen bedding at Macy's, but they must have pulled that line... my .02cents. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried IKEA? I love their duvet covers, and they have some neat designs on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards