Hawaii

Restaurant recommendations after ceremony

Hi ladies,I was hoping to get some restaurant recommendations for our celebration dinner.  Since it's just the two of us; I wanted to go somewhere special after our ceremony.  I'd like to find somthing in Lahaina (staying at Westin).TIA

Re: Restaurant recommendations after ceremony

• Happy2BMrsHappy2BMrs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'o restuarant in Lahaina at the shops at 505 Front street is very romantic.  Its right on the beach (perfect for strolling afterwards). Ask for the patio--although inside along the windows is nice too.  Great sunsets. Their whole thing is "farm to table" dining.In Lahaina is also Lahaina Grill (but no view).  Or check out Merriman's up north of Lahaina.  have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I'll check it out!
  • pbkmompbkmom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Pacific O is next door to I'o and has more of a beach view. If you are willing to drive Mama's Fish House is very romantic. There are also various companies that will set up a private dinner on the beach
  • edited December 2011
    I love the food at Roy's - it's been our romantic place on Maui. The setting in the strip mall might be a turn off, but the food.... oh god. AMAZING.
  • edited December 2011
    I would ask the Westin to set-up a private romantic ocean-side dinner for the two of you!  It's quite a splurge but that's what I would have done if it were just the two of us!  The food at the Westin is good too!  Our guests raved about how good everything tasted.If that's too much, definitely look into I'O, Pacifico, Mala (but it can get crowded here sometimes), Kimo's, Canoe's, & Merriman's (in Kapalua).  (Or you could even go to the Old Lahaina Luau!)  Next door to the Westin is Whaler's Village.  There's two nice restaurants there: Hula Grill & Leilani's On The Beach.  Both have stunning sunset views and the food is good.  There's also a ton of restaurants on Front Street in Lahaina.  If you're getting into Maui a few days before your wedding, I would look around and see what looks good to you (avoid Longhi's).  I'm sure you'd still be able to make a reservation.  Afterwards you can go to Tropica at the Westin for some after-dinner drinks!
  • edited December 2011
    You know. I was thinking about a private dinner; but it's like $500.  I considered a restaurant in the Westin, but I haven't heard/read many great reviews.  We're arriving 3 days prior to our wedding, so we'll time to check things out.    I really appreciate the recommendations and I'll be sure to stay away from Longhi's. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Although it's not a fancy place the food at Ono's (at the Westin) is really good!!!!!  (At some point, you should def try their ahi poke there!  I don't even like fish but I LOVE their ahi poke!)  Tropica is a really beautiful ocean-side restaurant but we never ate there so I can't vouch for the food.  Here's pics: http://tinyurl.com/ygbd6e3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards