Ohio-Columbus

vendor RANT! warning - long!

So so I call my event planner at my venue yesterday bc she was supposed to get back to me 2 weeks ago about whether or not someone was in the reception room before me, so that I could get in and set up some decorations... she tells me that there is another party in there 3 HOURS BEFORE ME!  So obviously I am furious and want to know how I am supposed to set up (even though it is a simple set up with some candles) and she gets snarky with me and gives me the runaroaund about contracted times and technical stuff.  Basically telling me that 2 hours before the wedding (when I am getting pics taken or getting ready) that I can go in a decorate myself.  This was a room that I didn't want, and she asked me to take so they could accommodate another party, and offered me a $500 discount if I took it bc it was smaller.  So I agreed, and now the room is triple booked for the day.  So I bring that up, and she said, well go back to the bigger room but you don't get the discount, which isn't going to work for us as we were counting on that discount.  I agree to go into the bigger room, and she agrees to have her crew set my stuff up for me, so I guess we came to an agreement.  But the more I thought about it, I feel like I am entitled to this discount still, since they have pushed my wedding to the side for other events with no regard for the money we are spending to use them, since they promised me 5 star service and everything.  So I call the sales manager to figure this out, and obviously it does the trick, because the planner leaves me a VM saying she is "displeased" that I had to go above her and work something out that is her job.I am ready to call and just tell this woman to be gone, and ask for another event planner.  Am I being a bridezilla, or do I even have the right to be mad about this??UGH!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: vendor RANT! warning - long!

• KermitClin06KermitClin06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it was wrong and incredibly unprofessional of the woman to call and chastise you for talk to her manager. If she got in trouble, she needs to suck it up and learn from her mistakes. I'm not sure I agree that you were still entitled to a discount (granted I don't know the entirety of your situation). It's not uncommon at all for venues to have several events in the same room at different times in one day. That doesn't necessarilymean that you're event isn't getting any less attention than the others occurring on that day. I'd have to agree that I'd be considering switching to a different event planner if there is that option. I'd probably give the woman another chance but if she continues to hold a grudge, I'd be looking for someone else. Perhaps a DOC to help set up/run things as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Although is was wrong of her to let you think you could get in earlier to decorate, most venues only give you a couple of hours before the ceremony. That is why so many people are hiring wedding coordinators.
  • femmefatal1femmefatal1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try to get the $500 back and use it for a DOC (large grin) You can surely get a great coordinator for below that price, and besides, you don't want to be working to get your party set up, leave that to someone else!
  • kryrosekryrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DEF go with a doc my venu isn't going to close it's doors til 2 hours before the wedding but will haveour tables set up and stuff. I have a great doc that plans on being there to oversee everything!!! As for the discount if you did get the biggest room back you may not be entited to the discount, but then again it was an inconvience to you you should be able to at least get half .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards