Hawaii

Show me your cakes!!!

Hey ladies.. I recently started to look into bakeries for our wedding cake. Our wedding is on O'ahu.... anyone have any recommendations? I just started emailing with Cake Lava...I follow their blog and LOVE their cakes! Anyone use them? Show me your cakes! I need some ideas :)

Re: Show me your cakes!!!

• edited December 2011
    Their cakes are beautiful, but out of my budget.  I believe it's $500 minimum for their wedding cakes.  Any yummy tasting cake for $300 price range that any knottie bride used for their big day?
  • bruce & ivybruce & ivy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Cake Works in addition to Cake Lava. They're so affordable and their cakes are beautiful. Abi is wonderful to work with and so accommodating. She listened to everything we wanted and our cake was exactly what we had hoped for... [IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2djyqmq.jpg[/IMG]
  • edited December 2011
    We also went with cake works and worked with Abi.  The cake was yummy and very affordable.  Our cake was very simple with flowers provided and decorated by our florist.  I have pics in my bio under food.
    Lanikuhonua, Phase II, Oahu Hawaii | April 24, 2009 http://iluvhawaii.weebly.com
  • ~BFF~~BFF~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Cakeworks!
  • diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto on Cakeworks...we got our simple two tier buttercream frosting cake (feeds 40-45) for like a little over 200. I hear they're yummy too...we find out next thursday when we go and do our cake tasting! yay!
  • Samaralynn23Samaralynn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Vikki who runs Sunshine Creation Cakes. Don't have a pic of mine yet but went off a pic she has in her gallery cause it had lights in with the flowers. I did her taste test and ONO. My gf also ordered a cake for her for her husbands work event and they loved it. We're paying $400 for ours but we have three tiers, three different flavors and lights. Hope this helps.
  • AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also going with Sunshine's Cake Creations. However we are going with a Cupcake wedding cake. Vikki is customizing our cupcakes with our initials and a heart in between like this S heart J. Our initials will be similar to the font used on our wedding invitations. I can't wait to see it!!
  • junkoandoscarjunkoandoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used cakelava for our wedding. We got a three-tier wedding cake as well as a surprise groom's cake. Their cakes are soooooo yummy!!! I'm not really a cake person. I don't like them too rich or too sweet. But their cakes just have the right balance and of course they look fabulous! Our wedding cake was pretty simple but we decided to go for a little more fun for the groom's cake and we got a Harry Potter sculpted book cake! (because that's my husband's favorite book) The owner Rick and his wife Sasha are the sweetest couple too! I know their price is a bit higher than other bakeries but it was all worth it! http://tinyurl.com/yhm5vtr This is us on their blog! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a small cake from Maui Wedding Cakes.  Pic in bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I just had a tasting at Cake Lava. It was yummy! Their cakes really taste as good as they look, and that's saying a lot. Rick is a cake genius.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards