Ohio-Columbus
Options

Flower advice

The first thing I thought of when I got engaged was "Daisies".  I booked daisies for a great price b/c they are cheap and so am I.  As I look for bridesmaids dresses I come to the conundrum of are daisies fancy enough for my dress at the Athenaeum.  http://morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2316&P=1I didn't want a fancy dress or super fancy wedding but you can't help what you fall in love with (which also explains my honey :-) If Daisies are a no go i'll have to swallow my "frugality" and go for yellow roses but I don't know if it's necessary.  Any bridal wisdom would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Flower advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For what my opinion is worth - use the flowers that you want to use.  I absolutely love daisies and other "happy" flowers that tend to be cheaper as well.  I'm having a large Catholic church wedding and am for sure having daisies and tulips as my main flowers.  The only time I can sort of see the argument for matching your flowers to the venue/dress is for people that have like a country wedding where wildflowers and daisies seem to fit better than gigantic "romantic" flowers.  Gerbera daisies are HUGE bouquet flowers and I've seen daisies used in many different settings.  Do what you feel comfortable with, but I say use the flowers you like :)  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    reevetobereevetobe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp -- use what you want! I love daisies and think they'll be completely adorable. For your bouquet, you could always have a combination of flowers, too, and bring in a few bigger blooms. If you are making your own bouquet, check out the florist in the North Market or possibly Whole Foods for cost-effective options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is gorgeous, and if daisies are what you love (and not only because they're cheap), I say go with them and I'm sure your florist or whoever does your bouquet will make it go well with your dress. If you only chose daisies due to price, there may be other flowers that give you the look you want for a similar cost. Or even mixing your bouquet with a few roses to give a look of "fancy", or... I've seen brides carrying one flower like a big calla lily would help with cost as well. Go with what you want. I felt the same way about our wedding -- not wanting anything super fancy or even a fancy dress, but it's starting to look that way because I just kept falling in love with all the "wrong" things. :P GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards