Hawaii

Outdoor Weddings

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we could get married outdoors? We'd like our reception to be near the ceremony area.

Re: Outdoor Weddings

• destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Lanikuhonua they have a facebook page with alot more pictures than the website http://www.facebook.com/LanikuhonuaWeddings?ref=ts
  • edited December 2011

Ko'Olina Weddings~ www.koolinaweddings.com
    This is where we are getting married in June =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Olowalu Plantation House, we will have both our ceremony and reception there. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • shibbs86shibbs86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had an outdoor wedding earlier this month. I looked at tons of different places, but it really depends on what you are looking to do.

Waialae beach park is a great option and is pretty empty most of the time since people dont really go there to swim. You have to get a permit but the woman that you get it from is VERY nice. This is a great location if you are looking to do somethign small and with a tight budget. You can also have a small picnic type reception, but if you are looking for a big, formal dinner, not a good place.

Hale Koa has at least 3 different areas fr weddings, all are very affordable ranging from a small Gazebo to a larger sort of courtyard. Very pretty, but not beach front. On the bright side, they will provide a set number of chairs at no cost to you depending on the location you choose.

Paradie Cove has some different packaged and their beach is a really pretty area. Was out of my budget, but its nbot completely outrageous.

Other option is to talk with a wedding planner. Some of them have connections with certain people/locations and can get you a great deal. Val from HitchedinHawaii.com has done weddings that are oceanfront with a beatiful view and a pool. I'm pretty sure its really affordable and the great part is there is covered area too so if it rains at all, you have someplace dry to sit and relax.
  • edited December 2011
    Lanikuhonua
    Paradise Cove (next door to Lani)
    Kualoa Ranch (Molii site)
    Loulu Palm (would NOT recommend this site -- every friend who has been married there has had terrible experiences)
    Bayer Estate (smaller venue)

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards