Hawaii

What have I gotten myself into?!

Hi All!
I'm a new Knottie :) I've been reading the boards a little bit to start my planning, but I decided to sign up 'cause I'm going to be in need of some serious help (and you all seem so friendly and helpful)!
Here's the deal...
What I THOUGHT I wanted: Above Heaven's Gate wedding a la Captain Howie, with a restaurant or hotel reception. No fuss...
What I want now (after I actually starting doing research): Beach house wedding (Waimanalo Bay, Oahu)...wedding on the beach, reception in the yard. I guess this means I'm going to need: photographer, rentals, video?, food, drinks, flowers, cake, officiant, WC, entertainment, and...other things...a lot of other things :)

So...we pretty much already have a house rented (just finalizing the paper work). But I don't know where to start!! Perhaps a Coordinator (since I'm totally gonna need one now)? I'm not sure if my budget will afford full coordination...but I'd like something a little more than just "day of coordination"...Any suggestions?

oh my...my head is spinning :)
Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What have I gotten myself into?!

• edited December 2011
    Check out Dianna from Hawaii Weddings & Events. She has good packages that can be customized for your planning needs. She's a calm in the storm of wedding planning! I loved her! Not phased by anything :)

http://hawaiiweddingsandevents.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! Our plans are similar except we weren't lucky enough to get a waimanalo house(i wanted to marry on that beach too!) i have lots of vendor info in my planning bio link below & have done ut all on my own...if i wasn't so cheap i would've hired a real coordinator. Im going to be there in 16 days so i'll have reviews whenn i return.
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Dianna from Hawaii Weddings and Events, she was great!    We had full service planning, but she had some packages for off-property locations like yours.  www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have anything helpful to add, but wanted to welcome you to the board!  Definitely check out these ladies' planning bios...they have a wealth of information!
  • MaiTaiMajikMaiTaiMajik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all! I'm feeling very overwhelmed...
    Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! The good news...you have time. Look at your budget and breakdown how much you are able/willing to spend on each item then start researching vendors...ask for recs on the board and look through bios. You are in the right place. HTH! J. :-)
  • aliciacharliealiciacharlie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Melissa from Let's Do This!  She has a 2 week coordination package... that means she takes over 2 weeks to the wedding.  I like that because I'll be able to book all the vendors (we're getting married at Sunset Ranch), but she'll take care of the rehearsal dinner and wedding day timeline and everything the day of.  We did a lot of research at first...  figured out our budget and started narrowing down our options from there.  Caterer, party rentals, photographer, florist, musician/dj, hair/makeup, officiant, bar, cake.... I think that's all the vendors we have.  Take it one step at a time or make a list and cross things off as you go.  Good luck!!
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you have time....decide what you want to do and what things you may want WC take care of.  All of our planning was completely done 1 month prior to wedding date except final table assignments which was perfect for us since there was so much to wrap up at work, packing, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards