Hawaii

Anyone getting married on the Big Island?

We are going back and fourth between Oahu and the Big Island. Does anyone have recommendations for finding vendors on the Big Island? It seems like most vendors are based out of Oahu...

Re: Anyone getting married on the Big Island?

• 808HEDDA808HEDDA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live on the Big Island and am getting married June.  The majority of the vendors are in Oahu.  It all depends on what you are looking for. If you had more information I could provide you with more info.
    Heather
  • I don't come on The Knot that much anymore but I'm getting married on the Big Island in April. Hit me up if you want some recommendations.
  • I need many suggestions for many things! :-/  I am so clueless about photographers and what a good price/package is.  I need to find a way to get food to the house we are renting without having my guests have to get it.  Is it reasonable to wait till I arrive on the island to go shopping for things like a vase, candles ect?
    details: small wedding 15 guest going through konoweddings.com.  renting a house for the reception which will basically just be dinner/drinking/dancing (low key).  This is where the food needs to be and I also need to decorate.
    Is there a way to bookmark this thread to find it easily later?

Thanks!
  • Hi guys,
    Thank you that was really helpful.  I emailed the venders you suggested to get better ideas of their pricing and packages. 
  • Let me know if you need any other numbers or websites :)

I'll be curious to hear who you end up using (especially if any of them are my vendors). Keep me informed :)
  • I know its been a while, but thanks for the review! It seems like everyone is getting married on Maui, and its nice to have information about the Big Island. Anyone else getting married in Kona area? We just set our wedding date for July 10, 2013!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anyone-getting-married-big-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:2eb6f5ff-d4a9-422f-bdcd-9356a551c14fPost:5c09558e-21a7-4df3-9afe-f5be9fbd5ecd">Re: Anyone getting married on the Big Island?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know its been a while, but thanks for the review! It seems like everyone is getting married on Maui, and its nice to have information about the Big Island. Anyone else getting married in Kona area? We just set our wedding date for July 10, 2013!!
    Posted by UnderTheEiffel[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats on setting a date! As stated in the previous posts, we got married in Kona in April of this year. I never posted vendor reviews or anything like that but if I can be of any help, just ask. I never go on here but if you respond, I'll get an email stating that there's a reply. I need to get my stuff together and place a "for sale" ad soon.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anyone-getting-married-big-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:2eb6f5ff-d4a9-422f-bdcd-9356a551c14fPost:6012aeae-6ac5-4764-bee2-e37d4ce9eb7f">Re: Anyone getting married on the Big Island?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone getting married on the Big Island? : Congrats on setting a date! As stated in the previous posts, we got married in Kona in April of this year. I never posted vendor reviews or anything like that but if I can be of any help, just ask. I never go on here but if you respond, I'll get an email stating that there's a reply. I need to get my stuff together and place a "for sale" ad soon.
    Posted by sharkbitemiller[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My email is undertheeiffel@gmail.com. I would love to pick your brain if you dont mind. Right now we are researching vendors. Also, what were your colors? Let me know when you post your sale.
    ~Tiffany
  • We are getting married Nov 2014 at the Mauna Lani, north of Kona. The room rates are reasonable and it's as beautiful a setting as the Four Seasons and other fancy resorts in the area but not nearly as expensive. 
  • I am getting married in Kona on May 31st. We are having our reception at a rental house. Any suggestions for rental items such as linens, lighting, tables and chairs?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards