Hawaii
Options

We've decided on Maui!! now what!

HEllo all!
Ive been engaged since September and one thing i learned is that planning and having a big wedding is not for me. So a week ago we finally decided on Maui! It will just be our familys, best friends and us. 16 guests. Im having a hard time deciding on where to do it. A resort or hire a coordinator who will bring the arch, music, etc.
I want it very small, intimate, right on the sand. Is anyone getting married in Kapalua bay? or anywhere in west Maui?
Any suggestions or tips would be very appreciated!! I set the date for Feb. 6th 2013. Hopefully i can get it all done by then!
Thanks so much!!
Love is being stupid together.-Paul Valery

Re: We've decided on Maui!! now what!

• Options
    Yay! Congrats! You'll find this board to be of great resource.

I am getting married at Olowalu Plantation House, but it's a venue where you have to bring everything in and it is a pretty large (outdoor) venue. However, I have seen intimate weddings in photos and thye look great!

I think you have to figure out what your budget is and where you would like to have your wedding. Restaurant, hotel, venue, etc. For smaller wedding such as yours, a restaurant would be great! Merriman's is in the Kapalua area, and a handful of brides are/have gotten married there...

You have tons of time left! :)

Good luck and happy planning!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Maui is beautiful. =) We have several brides getting married on North-West beaches right now, which is awesome. It used to all be on the southern ones. I think there are a handful using Ironwoods which is close to Kapalua.

Just so you know, all beaches on the island are public, so you can't bring in arches, chairs, etc right onto the sand.
  • Options

Welcome and congratulations! You will notice many of us favor Maui to get married on. I'm getting married at Mama's Fish House. It's perfect for a small wedding, is right on the beach and I didn't have to hire a planner it was so easy. If you'd like to know more information, let me know.

• Options

Hi there! I am getting married on Kapalua Bay next month and having my reception at Merriman's. There is a grassy knoll at Merriman's for a beautiful ceremony overlooking the ocean..You do not need a separate coordinator in that case since the restaurant provides that assistance.

I am getting marrie don the beach and hired a coordinator for our wedding to assist with a photographer, officiant and flowers. You can also do this all on your own if you want to spare the expense.

• Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Can I ask what wedding coordinating service you used? I'm checking into merrimans for the reception... Also, are you staying on kapalua bay? And if so, where? Thank you!
    Love is being stupid together.-Paul Valery
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!  Our coordinators were Pacific Island Weddings.
  • Options
    I have never stayed in the Kapalua area. We were about to this past trip, but decided to stay in Wailea since we frequent the West Side more often. Definitely a nice change of scenery! 

I am working with Cherise of The Perfect Wedding.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am working with Deanne at Precious Maui Weddings - so far so good.
  • Options
    I"m getting married through Maui Makena weddings:

We're doing a morning wedding because my fiance wants to parade me around afterwards and tell everyone we just got married :-).  They offer morning and sunset weddings on the beach for a great deal with photography!

We're staying in Lahaina/Ka'anapali at the Honua Kai.  

Great decision--you'll love every minute of it.
  • Options
    I don't have a planner. I've done everything myself. It's been really easy. 
  • Options
    Hi! I'm also getting married on Maui, at Merriman's in Kapalua. Like you, we're having a small and super intimate party (think sharing stories and laughter over drinks amid candlelight instead of loud music and dancing). I decided to use an outside wc (napua weddings), to help with all the details, vendors, pretty much everything you can imagine since i'm super busy! I want this stress free as possible! Good luck and you have plenty of time! have fun and don't stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards