Hawaii
Options

WC Rates Negotiable?

Hi All,

I've been majorly procrastinating...I'm going back and forth on deciding whether or not I want a WC. It's mostly the price that's keeping me from making the final decision...
Does anyone know if WC prices are negotiable? Has anyone been able to negotiate a better price with their WC? My venue is already booked, so I don't need help with that, and I'm not having a rehearsal since I don't have a wedding party...so I feel like these are services that I shouldn't be paying for in a set WC package...Am I totally out to lunch? Thanks!
Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WC Rates Negotiable?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can absolutely negotiate prices.  Some are more willing to work with you than others.  Our coordinator had some set packages, but we didn't like any of those, and we discovered she had a "just coordination" base fee plus her "uplift" on our items ordered (chairs, tables, etc).  It actually turned out to be incredibly reasonable.

We also had worked with some who add a flat % to your total vendor bill.  We were able to negotiate those percentages down a lot, especially once they realized our wedding would be slightly more elaborate, and even a smaller % turned out to be a good pay day.

As with all things, if you don't ask, you don't get.  You just have to know what you're asking for (versus "could you give us a discount").
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the WC, when we interviewed some were pretty set on their packages whereas others said they could customize a package to suit our needs.       You can try our WC from www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com
  • Options
    dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt like our wedding coordinator was a little expensive ($2000 upfront), but then I researched others and some were $3000! 

I felt like I didn't need a WC, but they do have contacts on the islands, so it definitely helps. They're able to get responses faster, so if you're the type of bride that needs to know ASAP (like me), then it's nice to have a WC.

I honestly feel like I could do it all on my own and just hire a day-of wedding coordinator, but someone who is there through the entire process will know EVERYTHING the day-of and I definitely feel like you won't be stressed. Great feeling!

Good luck :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MaiTaiMajikMaiTaiMajik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great thanks for the feedback! I'll be interviewing a couple WC's this week and now that I know that it's not a complete 'faux pas', I'll see if I can get a better deal :) More money to spend on catering and booze! yeah!
    Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards