Hawaii

Some Hawaii Reviews

So, we took our WP to the North Shore today for their tahnk you gift.  My MOH is a fisheries biologist, so we figured we'd take her on a shark dive.  We also took the BM, MOH's boyfriend and FI sister, since his Brother's wife (BM) couldn't make the wedding.  We then went surfing, which the MOH had found on Groupon.  Long day, but awesome.  

Shark Dive - Hawaii Shark Encounters - They were awesome.  Very laid back.  There were 12 people on the boat, so 6 in each dive group.  It was a 15 min ride out, then we went in the cage first for 20 or so minutes, then the other group, then a ride back.  I get slightly sea sick, but this was insane!!  I have never come so close to puking from seasickness, and another girl did.  The cage was really bouncy.  I thought that once I was in the water, I'd be fine, as I was floating, but since you're holding on to it, you bounce too.

I actually got out a couple of minutes early cos I felt so bad.  The tour guy hosed me down with warm water (amazing!!) and lent me a towel while I focused on the mountains.  They were great and had lots of educational information about the sharks to keep us enterained while the second group was down in the cage.  Totally recommend it if you're fine with either super big waves or don't mind puking over the side if you do get sick.  I can't post photos though cos our camera was HD and they're too big for TK

Surfing - North Shore Surf Adventures - Awesome too.  We had 2 instructor for out group of 6.  They took us out to a good beginner spot, gave us quick instructions and let us go for almost 2 hours.  Only bad thing was finding out at the end that they didn't take credit cards and having to borrow $50 or find an ATM at the end.  Thankfully we had the 4 groupons already paid for.        

Re: Some Hawaii Reviews

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I get sea sick too! I actually puked over the side of the boat on a sunset cruise in Cabo. I'll be sure to stay away from that lol! Were did you find groupons for this stuff? Well prob a dumb question, I guess if I set it to send me info on ones for Hawaii would work!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Sorry you got sick. We are changing our dinner cruise because FI gets sick. I really want to do the cruise and he said he will suck it up but I don't want him feeling bad at all during our Wedding and HM. 
    I second the Groupon comment. Never thought about setting them to HI. Our kids all want to take surf lessons so this might be a good route. 
    Glad you are having a good time.
  • So sorry you got seasick. :( I got seasick on a cruise we took a couple years back...and that was a huge cruise ship! So  I can only imagine being on a smaller vessel... 
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always get seasick, but usually just kinda dizzy, like I rode too many rollercoasters.  But FI almost puked too and he never gets seasick.  The boat guys said about 30% of people feel it.  The photos and video are worth it now, the day after.  

Groupons got set to Honolulu.  I get them e-mailed for Hawaii and my city each day.  Thursday there was one for surfing and outrigger canoe ride on Waikiki, so I posted that to our website.  Not sure how many people read it though, but you never know

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards