Hawaii

question about budget for rentals at Lanikuhonua

Hi Lanikuhonua brides!

First of all, congratulations to all of you lovely ladies on your upcoming weddings (or recent weddings)!

I'm planning a wedding in Hawaii for May of 2011, and my fiancee and I are in sticker shock right now from some of the quotes that we are getting from our vendors for the Lanikuhonua venue...  

We'd love to have our wedding at Lanikuhonua (we currently have Phase 2 reserved), but we're starting to realize that it might be too expensive to have a wedding there for our estimated 200 guests...
Do you mind if I asked you Lanikuhonua brides what you are spending (or spent) on rentals, i.e. dance floor, tent, chairs, tables, dinnerware, etc?
We have gotten a few quotes from vendors for rental, and we're a little surprised at how much it is going to cost us for the rentals -- around $10K... 

But then we heard from another catering vendor who said it would be closer to $5k because they are giving us the at-cost pricing.
Please let me know if you have any information that could be helpful...
Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
--Aileen

Re: question about budget for rentals at Lanikuhonua

• edited December 2011
    ahhh! i will send you an email reply - i promise!

life's been pretty hectic right now. but our rentals are about $4,600. food at $13.50/head. will email all the details :)
  • edited December 2011
    i am a fellow lani bride and i agree that the more and more i get into the thick of things, the more i am shocked at how much rentals are costing...caia, i would be APPRECIATIVE if you could share your expertise since i dont get married for another year and this seattle bride needs all the help she can get :) i cant find tent, table and chair rentals for under 5k :( HEELLLPPPPP!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Cai, you are wayyyyyy more organized than me and wayyyyyy ahead of schedule than me Laughing.  Can you please share your info as well.  I would appreciate it!  I'll send you a PM. 
  • edited December 2011
    jenn - you've got mail!

candj122007 - let me know your email and i'll forward it on!
  • edited December 2011
    oh, also, please note that the banquet tables for the buffet/pupus/DJ and the check-in are 30"

i accidentally put ' instead of " in my spreadsheet.

Smile
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had about 80 guests and our rentals was $3100, but if it wasn't for our WC,we would have paid $4000.  She was able to get us some special courtesies on some items (ie: chiavari chairs) and gave us tips to keep the costs down.   

When we got our caterers quotes, we found that some nickeled and dimed for everything (ie:   water pitchers, service trays, etc.) which we thought would be included.   
  • edited December 2011
    hi caia,

ill PM you my email address.

thanks again :) you are one organized bride...

lots of mahalo from seattle!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi "destiny1108 "!  Could you let me know who your wedding coordinator is?  Just curious.  I'm still looking for one...

Hi "caiandcullen"!
    Thank you so very much for your helpful rental spreadsheet and breakdown!
    I was also able to confirm with the catering companies that some of them were marking up their rental prices because they were taking care of the administration and dealing with the rental vendors on our behalf.

When I talked to one of the vendors and said that I was fine just going directly to the rental companies and working with them, they offered me the at-cost pricing.

Therefore, I am having less of "sticker shock", because I think my rentals for 200 guests will probably be something more in the neighborhood of $5500 :)

Thanks girls for all your responses and advice!
  • edited December 2011
    who was your main rental vendor that you used? and wow $13.50 pp? who was your caterer?? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-budget-rentals-lanikuhonua?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:4e858dec-6fe7-426f-a9fb-04643535ec4dPost:61cd118c-394a-415f-8516-0a24618e3dd7">Re: question about budget for rentals at Lanikuhonua</a>:
    [QUOTE]ahhh! i will send you an email reply - i promise! life's been pretty hectic right now. but our rentals are about $4,600. food at $13.50/head. will email all the details :)
    Posted by caiandcullen[/QUOTE]

<div>May I please receive that email, or if anybody out there has quotes that they can share with me, I would really appreciate it!  Future Lanikuhonua bride here needing H-E-L-P!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-budget-rentals-lanikuhonua?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:4e858dec-6fe7-426f-a9fb-04643535ec4dPost:61cd118c-394a-415f-8516-0a24618e3dd7">Re: question about budget for rentals at Lanikuhonua</a>:
    [QUOTE]ahhh! i will send you an email reply - i promise! life's been pretty hectic right now. but our rentals are about $4,600. food at $13.50/head. will email all the details :)
    Posted by caiandcullen[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hi Cai!! Im planning to have a wedding there too. Is it possible to get the contact number of your rental company, caterer, wedding coordinator,  and maybe important tips? i am a teacher from California so i can use all the help i can get. i just started the planning. You seem soooo organized. i really appreciate your help. btw... how much was it to rent the site? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_question-budget-rentals-lanikuhonua?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:4e858dec-6fe7-426f-a9fb-04643535ec4dPost:bce0e5de-576f-4c9d-8b4b-5b3847e3ab66">Re: question about budget for rentals at Lanikuhonua</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had about 80 guests and our rentals was $3100, but if it wasn't for our WC,we would have paid $4000.  She was able to get us some special courtesies on some items (ie: chiavari chairs) and gave us tips to keep the costs down.    When we got our caterers quotes, we found that some nickeled and dimed for everything (ie:   water pitchers, service trays, etc.) which we thought would be included.   
    Posted by destiny1108[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Destiny1108. Wow! loved how you were able to get such a great deal on the rentals and caterer. Is it possible I can get the contact number of your wedding planner, rental company, and caterer? I love how you were so organized!! Your wedding planer is also amazing!! </div>
  • Hi Lanikuhonua brides! Im planning to have a wedding for 50 to 80 ppl. Please email me any tips you have to keep cost low but enjoyable. I really appreciate it!!
  • I'm in the very beginning stages of planning a destination wedding at Lani. Any info re:vendors, coordinators would be helpful! I'm trying to compare Lanikuhonua vs Ihilani!

Mahalo in advance!
  • Hello Cai and Cullen could I pretty please get the info on ur rentals as well..:I'm very interested in having my wedding there but it's jus so expensive...I'd really really appreciate it...thank u! [email protected]
  • lourie567 you can try Hawaii Weddings and Events, they did our wedding and were amazing.  They actually have a package specifically for Lanikuhonua but also do hotel weddings
  • Aloha ladies,

I know this post is pretty old, but I was hping to get some fresh responses.  I too am cinsidering Lanikuhonua for my wedding.  Did you all use wedding planners to ensure you didn't miss a detail?  What tips or tricks or BUDGET SAVING ideas can you all pass on?

MAHALO!

• Hi! I am also considering this venue but the rentals that I have been searching are very pricey! Do you mind sharing your info with me? 

Thank you so much!
  • Hi all,

i know this is an old post, but if you could share the information on WC and rental vendors that would be great! am really loving Lanikuhuona!
  • Hello brides to be and brides of the past -

My fiance and I are also getting married at Lani and plan to have maybe 75 - 100 (worst case) at our wedding. Any tips on vendors that will keep our costs down, would be HIGHLY appreciated! Thanks very much!

Lena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards