Hawaii

DJ help!

Anyone have any recommendations for DJs on Oahu?  I've contacted Troy Michael, 808DJs, Verse1 Productions, and CJs.  It seems like the price range is huge, and I'm not sure where the differences are.  Half of our guests will be in their late 20s, the other half are over 50.  That being said, we don't want any hip hop; mostly classic rock, oldies, maybe some Hawaiian.

Re: DJ help!

• edited December 2011

We had "Spike on the Mic" who is a DJ at local radio station FM100 for our wedding. He did double duty as DJ & emcee. He kept great pace and made the wedding so much fun. Considering he did the job of 2 vendors + he is a radio personality, cost wise, I thought he was very reasonable.

We had a lunch venue with no dancing (well, just our first dance) so for the music part, he played music before the reception, added soundbits throughout and provided music for our first dance & money dance.

His company is called C & S Sound Production. His contact info is: [email protected]

• edited December 2011
    We're going with ND Mixx Productions. You can check them out & see if they're someone you'd be interested in. They've been nothing but accomodating. In our price range & it's a husband & wife team. Plus our coordinator likes to work with them...so that's a bonus for us. Gil does DJ & Emcee work, which can be a hard combo to come by I guess.

HTH!
  • janetwilliamsjanetwilliams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I attended my sister's wedding and she hired 808 DJs, I think that the price was reasonable, so I am planning on using them for my own wedding, they had excellent customer service, he told us that we are the person to control the party so the head DJ is easy to communicate with, also, I loved their gobo light, which I think was reasonable price range as well, when I paid for my deposit, they said they'll give me the discount for the promotion for that month, so I strongly recommend 808 DJs.

• Anyone can share what the average cost for DJ and Emcee services is in Honolulu? for 6 hours?
  • Anyone can share what the average cost for DJ and Emcee services is in Honolulu? for 6 hours?
    I'd try a new post.  Everyone in this one is probably long gone several years ago.  @KnotPorscha - Zombie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards