Hawaii
Options

Maui Bars R Us

Happy Monday!

I have been inquiring with Stacey from Bars R Us and she confirmed us and put us in her books, but she doesn't have a formal contract or deposit system. This scares me a little bit. I know some of you have dealt with Stacey and said she is great, so I just wanted to know if that's really how she operates. I have a paper trail via email, but no official signed contract. Help! Advice, please! It doesn't put me at ease!
DW Siggy Challenge
Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui Bars R Us

• Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The person we booked to do our ceremony doesn't either.  It's the island way.  I would recommend taking to some previous clients and reading reviews before "booking". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kimmy.  A lot of vendors work primarily via coordinators, and none of them use contacts with each other.  It's a trust relationship and they know if they violate that trust, they'll lose future referrals.  Can you have your coordinator handle the relationship with them?

FWIW, Stacy was also recommended to us by one of the coordinators we interviewed, but we went in a different direction since our caterer included a bartender.
  • Options
    dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.

I did look up reviews for Bars R Us, and it all sounds great, I just feel so uneasy without a contract. Stacey has me in her books, but I'll probably have my WC handle it since she's only taking care of a few things for me anyway.

Thanks! :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards