Hawaii
Options

Lanikuhonua?

Hi Ladies!  So - after countless hours of "stalking" the internet (haha!) I think we're leaning towards Lanikuhonua.  I spoke with a few planners and a 2 of them estimated a $20-$25K budget, while others said $30K is a good budget.  WC fees would be over any above that.  Is this the "going" rate for a wedding at Lanikuhonua?  Probably expecting 50-75 guests or so.  We want something nice and well put together, but not crazy and over the top.  Just wondering if I should be prepared for MORE than $30K! Thank you thank you thank you for your tips and advice :p

Re: Lanikuhonua?

• Options
    I think for 50-75 people it should be do-able for under $30k. We had about 215 people and we spent around $45k, a lot of DIY though. And it depends on how much your caterer is, if you are going to get entertainment, etc. Plus your photo and video packages too... besides catering and rental of Lanikuhonua thats what costed me the most (oh and tents). Oh wait, everything I had was an average of $3,500! (Video, Photo, Tents, Rental fee (since I had over 150 people), catering). No WC (just a DOC - who was a friend, I got locked in at the old contract.  And I didnt go crazy on the flowers - since we were outside. Just leis and bouquets where necessary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lanikuhonua is beautiful, you won't regret it if you choose it!  You can definitely do it for under 30K.  It really depends on your style and personal taste when it comes to decorations and quality of vendors you want.
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012

Lanikuhonua was beautiful!  Unfortunately they were booked for our date, so we did private estate, but ended about $31K (not including dress, etc but did include planner.)  We saved alot of money with rental items from our WC and some great vendors that she worked with, otherwise, we would have been closer to $35K

P.S.  I think Lanikuhonua rates went up quite a bit, so may want to check on that.

• Options
    Its definitely doable. I have to say Lani prices have gone up quite a bit. Having your wedding Monday through Thursday will save you at least $1K vs. having your wedding Friday through Sunday. They also look at the head count. As soon as your head count goes over 150 it jumps up in price by quite a bit but since you have 50-75 it shouldnt cost you nearly as much. Just remember to account for tents, chairs, tables, additional decor light if thats your cup of tea along with all the necessities such as the caterer, photographer, entertainment and etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards