Hawaii

Have you decided on a hair style?

I want to wear my hair down (because I always wear it in a pony tail), but I've been reading that it's windy on the beaches in S. Maui.  My coordinator says that the wind dies down closer to sunset, but we may be getting married around 2-3. 

So what hair style have you chosen?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Have you decided on a hair style?

• edited December 2011
    I'm definitely having all of my hair up and sprayed to the max...I've even grown out my fringe so that its not blowing around.  Because, yes, it is very windy on S. Maui around 2-4. My mom has even grown out her hair so that she can have it pulled off her face at least (due to the wind once again).  PIB of my hair styles.  
  • edited December 2011
    My hair is super fine, so I knew I needed it up too. I wanted something informal (so a low updo) and organic... that's pretty much what I told Dan and left the design up to him.
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope to get away with a 1/2 up/ 1/2 down do.... I also have very thin hair and am hoping I can pull it off........ I dunno - is 1/2 down hair with a veil a really bad idea?????

if I can't I would probably go with a off side low bun of some sort

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely want something all up, low bun/knot - very clean & classic.  None of this 'Medusa died on my head' crap.  I was the MOH in a wedding last weekend, and despite asking for clean & classic, I got a pile of ringlets attached to my head with 49 pins.  YUCK.  It was impressive how she managed to make my hair frizzy, since I have thin, stick straight Asian hair.  Tongue out

• misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my hair is naturally curly and FI loves it out, so unsurprisiongly I'm planning to wear mine similar to cryssv.  I also have a veil.  I'll have to see how my trial goes - 4 days before the wedding (next week!)
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married on a beach in South Maui, and it was windy, but the half-up half-down hairdo I wore was just fine in the wind.  PIB.
  • edited December 2011
    I wore my hair down in curls and the winds were BAD...but, my hair was fine.  Mira put a ton of stuff in my hair and it lasted till the next day.  The wind did die at about 6pm and we had our ceremony around 6:30.  I think whoever does your hair knows to put a good amount of product in it so that it holds. 
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Luvdogz4Luvdogz4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to do half up and half down so part of my hair is pulled away from my face and hopefully that should help with the wind. We had our engagement photos down in Wailea and my hair was completely down. It was tough but our photographer was amazing and worked my blowing hair into the pics really well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards