Hawaii

crhmaui

Has anyone stayed/know anything about any of the condos in Kihei that are on this website?

http://www.crhmaui.com

I think I read somewhere that some stayed at Kamaole Sands before?  I feel like they are almost all the same so any advice would helpful!  I tried seeing which would be closer to Makena but it's hard because I have to go to each one and then remember which was where haha!

Thanks!

Re: crhmaui

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I have stayed at Kamaole Sands every time I have gone to Maui.  We LOVE the location, it really does't get any better, it's right across from a great beach and within walking location of a lot of shops and restaurants. 
    I checked out the site above and would not book with them.  Go to www.vrbo.com and search through there.  With the website included above, it looks like you are just booking a general room.  So, you could get put in the crappiest condo in the complex.  On VRBO you are booking through the owners so you get to see what the actual unit looks like, and trust me, there is a big difference between the condos.  Some are beautiful and updated and others haven't been touched since the mid 80's.  Also, be on the lookout for A/C, it's a must!
    I can't give you reviews on any other condos, but I'm sure some of the other girls can help you out on that.  I 100% recommend Kamaole Sands and it's a great location in terms of being close to Makena, but take a look around on VRBO - they rent out condos at all the complexes on the island so you should be able to get a peek at any complex you find. 
    Good luck!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SLD - Can I ask where you found that awesome starfish pin on your bio?  I love it!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.weddingfactorydirect.com/stcrczbrpin.html

I was looking on VRBO, but it was more expensive so I wasn't sure about it!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that when you're looking at condos, they are almost all privately owned.  So some will have nicer finishes and amenities (w/d, king bed, d/w), others might not.  Also, some will have better locations (read: view) than others.  You really need to look at what that unit offers - not just the condo building itself.   VRBO.com is a place for owners to rent out their places.  Which means you'll find a variety of different sized and priced places in the same building on that site.

I liked taking the name of the condo I was looking at, and even the unit number if I had it, and searching on tripadvisor for any mention of the building and the unit number.  Sometimes people who've stayed there have good suggestions about particular buildings or floors in a condo location to stay away from (road noise, bugs, whatever), and which buildings are the best (great breeze, oceanfront, etc.).  I figured if it wasn't mentioned either way, it either wasn't too popular, or hadn't been TOO bad to someone in the past.  :)

And of course, make sure to check out Maui Reveald's suggestis for condo buildings - where to stay, and what buildings/floors to stay on.  (scroll down)
    http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mauaerials.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards