Hawaii

gifts for parents?

So I am the last of my siblings to get married and I have a step-mother and my dad, and also my mother that need to recieve a gift from us.  Parents are in their mid 70's and have anything they need....any suggestions?  They have been extremely financially supportive of our wedding. 

Re: gifts for parents?

• Well it all depends on what kind of people they are. For our mothers' gifts I am going to buy 3 collage frames. 1st one for pics of me throughout my life 2nd pics of my fiance throughout his life 3rd will be pics of us throughout since we've been together. Our parents are more sentimental then they are materialistic.

For our fathers, it's a destination wedding and they both LOVE to play golf. We're thinking of buying them a round of golf each on one of the beautiful golf courses there.

Like I said it all depends on what kind of people they are. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It definitely depends on what they like!  Each parent got something different from us.  MIL got a necklace in our wedding colors, my mom got a Swarovksi crystal in our wedding colors.  My dad got an engraved pen.  I also love the idea of experiences -- maybe a helicopter ride or a sunset cruise or something they can enjoy & remember?
  • My mom is obsessed with cake.  We joked about the wedding cake so much during the planning that I wanted to incorporate that into her wedding gift.  I got her a vintage silver cake plate and fork.  The plate and fork were stamped with our names (bride & groom) and the date.   The fork had initials and a date.

I got my dad stamped silver cufflinks that said "father of the bride" and the date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards