Hawaii

"the wedding cottage" hauula, Oahu

Hi brides,

From the pictures I love this location. I'm hoping to have an informal wedding here. Pricing looks good, but it's a bit hard to find reviews.

Has anyone gotten married here?

Thanks!

Re: "the wedding cottage" hauula, Oahu

• I haven't, but it was in the running for us. The owner is SO fast at communicating and SO helpful!! Downside is its a little walk to the beach, and the only shower on the property is an outdoor shower (indoors is a tub).  My mom vetoed that idea since we're all staying in one big house. 

Otherwise it would've been my pick! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • Woah I just rewatched the video and realized there's no shower indoors! 
  • Nevermind, I just re-re-rewatched the video and I see that there is an indoors shower!
  • Did they add one? When we inquired 6 months ago or so, it was only a tub inside. Dang! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • oh maybe i'm crazy. They do have the one in the suite.  I just think it wasn't enough for our party of 10. 

blech, i've been through so many houses and vendors i cant keep anything straight anymore!
  • Book at YOUR OWN RISK!!  This is an illegal vacation rental that has been reported to the City and County of Honolulu for multiple violations!  Beware!  The neighbors will call the police.
  • This is an illegal vacation rental that has been turned over to the City and County of Honolulu for repeated code violations!  Book this at your own risk.  The neighbors are NOT going to stop mowing their grass during your wedding nor are they going to stop their normal activities to accommodate your special day!  There have been way too many "special days" and the neighbors are tired of all the noise and traffic.  The police will be called.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards