Hawaii

Photographer Please!

Hello Wahines and Kanes,
I'm getting married September 7, 2013 at Mo'omomi on Molokai, I am having trouble finding a photographer that is decently priced. I have lots of friends and family out there that don't know of ones (go figure). I only need one for the ceremony because I'm planning on getting disposable cameras for my family to take pictures with. Even a free lance photographer is fine with me as long as I can see a portfolio. Mahalo for the help.
He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.

Re: Photographer Please!

• I don't know of any photographers in HI but if you are on a tight budget you may look into bringing your own from the mainland. A few of us are doing just that. We are paying for ours to come to Maui with us so air, his condo and a rental car. For what we were looking to have done and the time it took he was cheaper by about $1500 in comparison to others with his style and expertise. 
  • I think it just depends what you are looking for. We found a great photogrpaher, Karma Hill. She does beautiful work and is very reasonable. The good thing I think about having a photographer who live son the islands is that they know the best spots of pictures and are use to working in the area. It really depends what type of package you want. Another one that looked amazing was Anna Kim. Good Luck
  • We used Kim Aihara with Aiharavisuals and she was amazing. I am not sure what you consider reasonably priced since that is subjective.

Many coordinators have reasonably priced packages that include a photographer so you may want to look into that as well.
    Anniversary
  • You should see if Brea could photograph your wedding. She was a Maui bride who got married last October. Who would know better who to shot a destination bride than a destination bride? She's super nice, great to work with and a great photographer. You'd love her!
  • I had Joanna Tano as my photographer and Kim Aihara was her second shooter (and they were both amazing). They're both based on Maui, so just a hop skip and a jump to Molokai!
  • Thank you very much ladies, I appreciate all the suggestions. Just to clarify, when I say reasonable I mean $1,000- $1,500 I would love to pay less then that, but I know that this is the going rate. I only need a photographer for an hour, hour in a half the most, I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg. :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_photographer-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:8fc40bdc-c2f1-4222-93b9-0143bf0b77ecPost:9613d8cc-623a-4c39-bf68-5300dc203eb4">Re: Photographer Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Kim Aihara with Aiharavisuals and she was amazing. I am not sure what you consider reasonably priced since that is subjective. Many coordinators have reasonably priced packages that include a photographer so you may want to look into that as well.
    Posted by lorena224[/QUOTE]

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the assumption that I would have to hire a coordinator to coordinate the whole wedding to use the photographer(s) that they hire. If that's the case I don't need one, my family on Molokai is taking care of everything, except a photographer obviously.
  • Shannon Sasaki is super affordable. She's one of the photographers I'm going to interview this weekend. http://shannonsasakiphotography.com/
  • Check out Trish Barker.  She does amazing work and is very reasonably priced. 
  • Thank you ladies! I will definitely check all these photographers out...
  • We are using Meew Meew Studios. Jill gave us an incredible deal. I was really honest about what i wanted.
  • edited June 2012
    HI!

I am a Wedding & Engagement photographer based in O'ahu and would love to help out!
    My 2 hour intimate gathering packages start at $750 and include all digital images!
    Travel from O'ahu from any of the islands is quick and totally do-able!

Check out my website to get to know me and sample my work:

And my blog for my latest work and musings:

I totally understand your search for a photographer, it's tough planning a destination wedding!
    Not long ago I was a bride myself, so I soooo get it!

If you're interested and would like to chat more, I would love to hear from you!
    My email is Ashley@AshleyGoodwin.com

Enjoy wedding planning, it's a ton of fun!

-Cheers
    Ashley Goodwin
    Bright & Fun Hawai'i and Destination Wedding Photographer

www.AshleyGoodwin.com | Fun Hawai'i & Destination Wedding Photographer
  • Check out Jim Dierking. He is awsome and probably could be in your budget.
  • http://www.peterjacobsen.net

Very experienced, and very friendly!
  • http://www.peterjacobsen.net

Very experienced, and very friendly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards