Hawaii

anyone use LED candles?

weikyweiky member
First Comment
we are getting married at olowalu and it was pretty windy there when we scouted everyhting about 2 mths ago and we want lots of candles but without buying tall vases for them they will blow out so we are looking for LED candles the flicker like fire. there are many different brands to buy and I wanted to know if anyone knew if some where better than others? thanks!

Re: anyone use LED candles?

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't give you any recommendations for candles, but I know that my florist who is handling my decor only uses LED candles and she said you can't tell the difference at all unless you look down into the candle. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weiky - We have spoken via email before, I need to email you regarding your thoughts on Olowalu and who you ended up going with for vendors.  I saw your note re: the caterers, but I'm interested in hearing about everyone!  Be on the lookout for a message, thanks!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

My wedding planner and florist both recomended going to amazon.com and buying the LED lights in bulk. Depending on how many you need this is a good option bc some of the companies offer free shipping. Hope this helps and happy planning!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• edited December 2011
    Hi!  I will respond to your email, but just wanted to let you know that I strongly considered LED lights b/c I so badly wanted candles. I ended up scratching candles altogher, and I'm glad I did!

The lantern lighting at Olowalu was perfect--they can dim the lanterns to as bright or dim as you want, and at night it is DARK.  Super dark. Plus I had beautiful uplighting on the palm trees and tiki torches that were included in the lighting package.

When are you getting married?  It didn't get very dark until 8 at my wedding, and by that time everyone was on the dancefloor or strolling about, making candles on the table pointless anyway.

Just my personal thoughts.  I'm glad I saved myself the hassle and money given the location and time of year.

Food for thought.... :)
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    weiky - when is your wedding? I have no use for my LED lights and wouldnt have a problem giving them to you once my wedding day has passed. Let me know what you think

• edited December 2011
    I'm interested in LED lights as well... They're supposed to last like 120 hours or something, yeah?
  • edited December 2011
    My parents live on Maui, and after dealing with years of blown-out candles or huge hurricane holders they are LED converts and recommend them to anyone.  They look stupid just on their own.  But if you put them in a votive holder small hurricane glass they shimmer and look just like real candles.  Mom bought large quantities on ebay I believe.
  • edited December 2011

I will have some LED tealights available after July 18th - Im going to leave them with my mom on Oahu after the wedding.  I can't recall how many I have (I had them sent straight home when I ordered them online), but I think its about 40 and they are from Save-on Crafts, picture below.

Flameless Tealights  Battery Operated  Flickering   6 for $4.50

I also have frosted votive holders that will be available - there are 48 plain ones and about 18 that have rafia wrapped around the bottom 1/3 of the holder.

Yes, I need to post some of these things in my bio, but I mailed so many things home so I can't take pictures!  If anyone is interested, let me know and I will have my mom take pictures of the actual items.

• weikyweiky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are possibl interested in what anyone is selling. we are looking for them to set more around the main area to have "twinkling" lights all around like stars. that is the idea but i am not sure how it will actually. our wedding in may 2011 so a while still but we are trying to lock in our budget and know exactly what we want to do and how we are going to do it.
    if you are selling some, email pics at weiky13 at hotmail dot com.
    thank you!
  • lwav8176lwav8176 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a 6-pack of LED tealights from brand Deco Lite (at Kitchen Stuff Plus) for about $4. I tested one out and it seems pretty good although a little orange-y.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a bunch from Target actually and they looked great because it was actually in a votive holder so it didn't look cheesy. They were on sale...a pack of 4 for about $6? I remember only seeing it in the store, not online.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone know of a place on island that sells the lights in bulk? (like around 100 or so?)
  • edited December 2011
    I am interested in purchasing used LED votive/tealight candles.  Please reply if you are selling and/or may know of a source for these.  I require between 50-100 of them...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anyone-use-led-candles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:92bfccc9-cc16-49c3-a8cc-37925858f838Post:61fc4ead-c729-40f4-b758-c5ba4a818d1f">Re: anyone use LED candles?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am interested in purchasing used LED votive/tealight candles.  Please reply if you are selling and/or may know of a source for these.  I require between 50-100 of them...
    Posted by donnaeasterday[/QUOTE]

When do you need them by?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards