Hawaii
Options

Makena Cove Brides

For those of you who are getting married at Makena Cove, where are you staying?  Is Kaanapali too far of a drive if we plan on having a late morning/early afternoon wedding on a Wednesday in June.  Mapquest says that the drive will take an hour.  Is that true?  Is traffic an issue?  I'm planning this wedding from California so any advice would be really appreciated.  TIA!

Re: Makena Cove Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    From Kaanapali, the drive is at least an hour.  They've been working on the roads, the Piilani is now mostly 2 lanes, but there are still a heap of one-lane roads.  This means that if there is an accident on the roads between you and Makena Cove, you probably won't make it--it has happened before. 

But, generally, just plan for 1 hour 15 minutes to drive from Kaanapali to find a park at Makena Cove.  

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if I were you, I'd just stay in South Maui.  I prefer it anyways, and there's affordable places to stay in Kihei and fancy resorts in Wailea, so there's a variety of places to stay.  Plus I wouldn't want to spend that much time in the car if I didn't have to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards