Hawaii

Need cool local favor ideas

Hi, I am having a Vintage Hawaiian wedding in LA; and I am stuck on the wedding favors.  How's everyone on their favors?  Any suggestions?  I am trying to stay within the $5/pp range; but the only thing I could think of was the honolulu cookie candy hearts on a box (can't ship in the summer), and that's pretty much it.  Hawaiian wine, hawaiian pineapple syrup, are way over my budget.  Any help?  Thanks, Viv

Re: Need cool local favor ideas

• edited December 2011
    chocolate macadmia nuts? tropical scented candles?

the lauhala boxes are very "hawaii" and you can put various candies inside...
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, I love your planning bio!  :)  Maybe you could give out leis at your reception?  Or else a bottle of Waialua soda works with a thank you tag attached?  (I think they ship to LA and you could have a variety of tropical flavors)

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can get Waialua sodas, I definitely recommend it!  We bought a couple cases at Costco on Maui and included them in our welcome bags.  I drank the extras, and they were super good!
  • edited December 2011
    Big Island Candies Brownies - I swear, they're the best thing on earth. I once paid 60$ in shipping for ONE box of them for my Mum's birthday (the box of brownies itself cost 18$).

The Wailua sodas are pretty darned tasty - and the packaging is really cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I think the soda does sound good...it's retro-looking, so it fits my vintage hawaiian style...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards