Hawaii

Air Brush Makeup

What are your thoughts on air brush makeup? I have never tried it and I don't know much about it. I am very fair (I will need to wear sunscreen all day long) and I have fairly clean skin (occassionally breaks out) but i wanted to know who is a good candidate for air brushing, or can anyone wear it?
What are the pros and cons of airbrush makeup?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Also, I am getting married in Oahu so if you have a recommendation, I would love one.

Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Air Brush Makeup

• I highly recommend air brushed makeup.  It gives you a range of coverage (from sheer to full) while feeling very light on your skin, looking very natural in the finish, and has massive staying power -- imagine the heat/humidity/sweat and wanting your makeup to stick.

I loved the way it felt and my face was never itchy or sticky, and it really lasted all day despite my sweat in the sun!  I would talk with your MUA about sunscreen -- you might be able to wear sun protection under the foundation, but I'm not sure how that affects staying power.
  • If you google you'll find a ton of info as to why it is prefered in the Hawaii/ beach climate. I'm having it done for our wedding day by Jessica Waite. She is suppose to be the best in Hawaii. She or her assistant can explain it to you. They also have info they'll send you with the pricing. She is on Maui, but might know of someone on Oahu.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had airbrushed makeup and it is very natural looking and it really lasts!
    One thought on sunscreen...I was told my my makeup artist at home and in Maui that suncreen under your makeup can make you look white in the photos.  You might want to talk to someone about what to do in that situation.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_air-brush-makeup-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:af2fa8e0-3bcc-42f5-8c86-ebdefe6e540ePost:63056bb6-aaf4-41ac-a9d4-46857bc4b27c">Air Brush Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are your thoughts on air brush makeup? I have never tried it and I don't know much about it. I am very fair (I will need to wear sunscreen all day long) and I have fairly clean skin (occassionally breaks out) but i wanted to know who is a good candidate for air brushing, or can anyone wear it? What are the pros and cons of airbrush makeup? Any information would be helpful. Thank you. Also, I am getting married in Oahu so if you have a recommendation, I would love one. Thanks.
    Posted by hainomi[/QUOTE]
  • I'm using Dorys from Maaleana! She's based on Oahu.
  • I'm using Christine Gardner from FLAUNT.  She uses airbrushes and is on Oahu.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards