Hawaii

ANY KAUAI BRIDES OUT THERE??

This is my first post =)
I got engaged in Poipu, Kauai in January and will be returning to get married on October 23rd on our 7 year dating anniversary. 

I see a lot of Maui and some Oahu brides out there?  What about Kauai, aka "Lover's Island"??  I'm so surprised I'm not seeing any more.

Re: ANY KAUAI BRIDES OUT THERE??

• Congrats and Welcome! I wasn't a Kauai bride but we highly considered it after seeing a few stranger's weddings when we were there on vacation the year before. We loved Kauai!
  • I'm still between kauai and oahu... but it's decision time pretty soon! we're getting hitched in may 2013
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • I am getting married don Maui, but also LOVE Kauai! We are actually spending a week there for a honeymoon after our week in Maui with family and friends.

Congrats!

• I'll be doing the ceremony at the Sheraton and the reception at Plantation Gardens in Kauai.  I can't WAIT!  I'll be there in July.
  • Congrats!  I am a Kauai bride and I will be getting married in Kapa'a on July 12, 2012....there aren't very many Kauai brides on here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you.  Which island did you chose?  Beautiful pictures by the way.
  • Another Kapa'a, Kauai bride here. Tying the knot on July 13, 2012! Any tips on good after party locations? Beaches included?
  • ALOHA!!!!

I am a KAUAI BRIDE!!!

My Fi and I are gettting married at the Na Aina Kai Botanical Gardens on Saturday June 2, 2012!!! We are so excited!!! We will spend one week on Kauai with family and friends and then we will honeymoon in Maui for another week. :) 

Our Wedding Planner is Diana Gardner of Alohana Weddings
    http://www.alohanaweddings.com, She is Awesome!! What ever you do do NOTuse Jill Kosen of Weddings in Paradise!!!! We hired and fired her!! Even lost money on it but it was worth not using her For many many reasons!!!! The best photographer on Kauai is Rachele Elliot of Composing Reality Photography http://www.composingrealityphotographyblog.com/ (Trust em on this I have researched photographers and Videographers to death)  We decided we were not happy with any of the videographers on Kauai and are flying our favorite in from Maui: Hawaii Video Memories. They made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs9p5G0ergA here is their website:

I have a photography degree and my FI teaches Art, so we are both very picky! I hope this information helps you! Have a blessed Happily Ever After!!!

Michelle
  • Hi everyone!  Another Kauai bride here :) Getting married in Kekaha on July 8th!  Good luck everyone with your planning :)
  • How are the Kauai brides doing out there??? So hard to find others that are also planning for Kauai for some reason :)
  • I'm back and happily married!!!  Here is a link to the post with my reviews.  In summary, I LOVED LOVED LOVED Plantation Gardens and Martin Roberts.  I can't say enough wonderful things about those vendors.  I would suggest you AVOID working with the Sheraton, even if only for a ceremony.  The coordinator there, Christy Robin, was horrible at her job and severly dishonest.  

Let me know if you have any questions!

• aww i'm getting married in Kauai but not til next year!!!Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards