Ohio-Columbus
Options

Hair/makeup for wedding near downtown?

Hi everyone,Can someone provide a few recommendations for hair/makeup?  There are 6 of us total in the bridal party and I would like to keep services around $50/person.  I would prefer for someone to come to us but if we have to go somewhere, I prefer to stay in the downtown area.  Any ideas?Thanks!

Re: Hair/makeup for wedding near downtown?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner gave a great suggestion to me...go to the make up counters @ Macy or one of them inside Easton or Tuttle and schedule a makeover with one of their make up artist a few weeks or month before the wedding if you can... tell her about your wedding and offer her money if she will come and do your make up for a certain dollar amount. As far as hair goes... I'm not sure :) Good luck!
  • Options
    kerrkerr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HIGHLY recommend Alison Feamster (for makeup) and Jennifer Motter King for hair. Both are under $50 per service, will travel to you, and do incredible work. See my pictures in my wedding bio below!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Jennifer Motter King and Alison Feamster.  They were AMAZING!!!  I had my wedding last weekend and we all got compliments on our hair and makeup.  I paid for the hair, but I think it was 50 for the girls to get their hair done, and I paid 200 for four of us to get our hair done.  They were super duper fantastic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to have a trial with MelissaRoshan next weekend. For bridesmaids she charges $55, MOB/MOG is $45 (each includes touch-up lip gloss), and bride is $110 (includes lashes and lip gloss). She'll come to you, and she's based out of a Short North studio. I'm getting my hair done at Max the Salon in the Short North close to downtown and I think the pricing if you go with a stylist is about $55-60.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have contact info for Jennifer Motter King?  I'm not having any luck searching for her online.Thanks everyone for your great suggestions!!
  • Options
    ShungyC14ShungyC14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard the folks from Mukha Spa are really good. They are a bit more expensive - $180/$210 for the bride (depending on who you request) and $80/person for others in Bridal Party. They charge $50 for a location fee. Anyone else use them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer King's email is king.jenniferlynn@gmail.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone ever used Shannon Goode for hair?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have Jennifer Motter's contact info? I would love to contact her for a hair trial since she comes so highly rec. Does anyone know what her price range is?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer's contact info is: king.jenniferlynn@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards