Hawaii

Cake suggestions?

I absolutely LOVE cake and because this is a destination wedding I will not have a chance to do a cake tasting. I know for sure that we want a lilikoi (passion fruit) flavor cake (or filling). Can anyone recommend any amazing cake vendors in Maui?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cake suggestions?

• maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cakes by JoAnn is very popular on the board followed by Maui Wedding Cakes.  The Cake Bakery...no website maybe a facebook page...is recomended by my WP. HTH! J. :-)

• edited December 2011
    I think someone on the board actually had trial cupcakes with different flavors overnighted to them.  I'm sure they weren't representative of how your actual cake would be, but you could at least taste the flavors. -- I'm pretty sure Joanne's is the one that sent them.

Lilikoi tastes kind of sour...almost like a tropical lemony flavor.  When done well, it's deliciously tart.  When done poorly, it kind of smells like feet.  Personally, I did not like Joanne's lilikoi so we went with mango mousse isntead.  We'll do a lilikoi creme brulee as part of our dinner dessert instead.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of that sounds so good.  Except the feet part. Wink

Our cake is being done by Mama's Fish House. They have all the traditional flavors and Hawaiian flavors.
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Cakes by JoAnne and she was awesome. One of our flavors was the lilikoi with chantilly cream and everyone loved it. She does ship tasters and it's well worth it....so many delicious flavors to choose from!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Can't do too much tasting, gotta fit into my dress.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards