Hawaii

Hawaii vacation rental problems, anyone else?

We rented the Rockslide Estate at Mauna Lani for our wedding.The house itself is amazing but if you are looking for efficient and friendly service and your deposit back this is not the house for you.

Nico the Property Manager gave me the wrong address when I asked if I could ship items for my wedding ahead of time which my wedding cake, guest gifts and place settings were lost. I had requested white flowers in which she said she would handle and we never got those either. I had to call twice on the day of arrival to get directions and the gate code to get into the house. Finally when I called to ask for my deposit and these incidents came up she took no responsibility even though she is the property manager and she was unapologetic and could not be bothered in fact she was so rude she talked over me the entire time I was trying to talk. I am in hospitality and if I or any of my staff were to treat guests this way we'd be fired! I just want to put this all behind us as we did have a great time however she is now holding our deposit and I am forced to take legal action and I have had zero response from the property owner. This is not what I expected when paying almost 10,000.00 to stay at a luxury house I would have booked a hotel instead. I was wondering if anyone else had problems like this?

Re: Hawaii vacation rental problems, anyone else?

• edited December 2011
    You might also want to consider filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They can assist with resolutions without having to get into a legal battle, and you don't have to pay anything, as far as I know. I got a complaint resolved and received the refund I was requesting (not wedding-related though, and much smaller amount than I imagine your deposit was). HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards