Hawaii

Maui - Mama's Fish House?

Hello.  I am brand new to the Knot :) I am planning a very small wedding for 2/11/11. We are thinking of getting married in front of Mama's Fish House and then having dinner at the restaurant.  Has anyone done this or known of anyone that has done it?  If so - any feed back?  I am worried that the photos will not be colorful because it is on the north side of the island.
I appreciate anyone's thoughts . .
Thanks!!

Re: Maui - Mama's Fish House?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about weddings there, but the setting is very beautiful.  
  • edited December 2011
    No clue on the weddings but the view and the feel of the area is spectacular, and the food is awesome too.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I've seen my photog shoot a few weddings up there... they looked pretty, if I'm remembering correctly. You've chosen a great place for food, that's for sure!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous location, really well-reviewed food, but spendy.  If you can afford it, it'd probably be a really good idea.
  • akan66akan66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll get some awesome ocean front pictures there, thats for sure!  They have two cute little gardens by the front of the restuarant where you can take some more colorful photos, and there are a couple places down the road in Paia that are pretty colorful.  Either way if you have a good photograher who shoots more vibrant pictures overall, they will turn out amazing!  We were looking to have our wedding there and I rememeber I found some additional images of weddings there when doing some googling, so maybe if you try a couple google image searches you can find some more pictures and see what the colors are like. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mmm... Mama's. Yummy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kbabineau1kbabineau1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards