Hawaii

Stuck on 2 Wedding Dress choices!

I'm stuck on two dresses that I like for our upcoming wedding in Maui next June. We aren't getting married directly on the beach, but will most likely take some photos on the beach after the ceremony. We will also be having a at-home reception afterwards where I'll most likely wear my dres too. One of them is full lace and more of a mermaid fit, with a sweetheart neckline. I love the look of the lace, and the train is quite beautiful. The second choice still has the lace factor, but more just on the top of the dress. It also has a sweetheart neckline, but the lace detail on the top portion of the dress slowly tapers off just past the waist, and then then skirt of the dress is a tulle-like material. I would consider the style to be more of A-line style. I need to make a decision in the next few days in order to avoid rush charges. I always imagined myself in a more princess-style dress for my wedding, but I feel that because we are doing a destination wedding, I should stick with a more stream-lined dress. Does anyone have any experience or advice on wearing a tulle dress? I have concerns about it getting torn and ruined, and thus unwearable at our at home reception. 

Dress #1 

Dress #2
The salon wouldn't alllow photos, but if you click the following link and find dress number 7 by clicking on the small arrows on the right. Dress 2 is quite smiliar to that, but without the metal embellishment below the bust.

Re: Stuck on 2 Wedding Dress choices!

• edited December 2011
    I think you should go with whatever makes you happiest. If you want a big princess style dress, go for it. I've seen some beautiful pictures of brides in ballgowns on the beach. Just keep in mind that whatever you choose, you want it to be lightweight and breathable for that time spent outside.
  • misslisaleomisslisaleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP. It's your wedding. You should have the dress you've always dreamed of. I'm probably gonna be having a beach wedding and I can't imagine myself in anything other than a big, beautiful dress. Just go with what makes you happy!

As far as which dress is my favorite? I really like dress #1. I think you look beautiful in it. Whatever you decide, it'll be just right I'm sure. :)

Lisa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i wore a ballgown tulle dress to prom with flip flops and had some of the tulle get stuck between my foot and the shoe and tear a little bit at the seam at the back.  I don't think this would really happen if wearing non-flip flops, but thought I would point it out since you asked about tulle dresses.  It is a delicate material and somewhat easily ripped if someone steps on it.

Regardless, I really like dress #1!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs.  Pick what you love and what makes you feel special and beautiful.  You can make anything work!
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you asked, I LOVE #2. But both are really, really lovely. Honestly, this was the hardest choice of all "pick between the two dresses I like" posts I've seen. I would stick with the PPs recommendations of choosing a light dress. Mine wasn't the most breathable (silk taffeta) but it wasn't heavy and honestly, I was 100% comfortable and happy in the 85 degree weather on the beach during our ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you really want the princess dress. I would go with it :) it's absolutely beautiful. One tip. Pick one kind of shoe for the night or talk to your alterations person to make sure the bustle pulls up in the back when you change shoes. I had a big mermaid slip that I tripped over all night. Partly because I was in stilettos for the ceremony and switched to flats for the ceremony. It also got really hot after dancing up a storm and I took off the slip making the situation worse. It wasn't a disaster but made it inconvenient.
  • edited December 2011
    I like them both but I think I like dress #2 a little bit better ;)
  • edited December 2011
    both gorgeous! is there one that makes you feel "extra" special? or are you worried about comfort at all? I brought my mom with me to help me decide on the 2 that I was torn over. Maybe bringing your mom or someone close in will help you decide. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards