Hawaii

Hair and makeup!

Hi everyone! I'm getting married in Hawaii in november. Due to a last minute time change I had to find a new hair and make up artist. I originally had Christine Gardner from Flaunt doing my hair and make up but she couldn't come for the later time so I had to fin someone new. EVERYONE was booked! Finally I found this place, Studio W who was available. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of them or used them and could give me a review? I'm really nervous about how it's all going to turn out! Thank you for your help!

Re: Hair and makeup!

• edited December 2011
    Which island are you getting married on?  I don't know Studio W but there are a wide variety of recommended vendors that travel across islands.  From the recent threads...

Dan Sanchez / Jessica Waite (Maui)
    Maui Mira (Maui)
    Shelley from Myra's Mane (Maui)
    Jeanne Muldoon (Maui)
    Bev Kaneshige (Oahu)
    Leslie Gallagher (Oahu)
    Gemina from Faith & Beauty (Oahu)
    Dorys Foltin from Maleana (Oahu)
    Sarah la Glam (Oahu)

Fabutan also hired a rockin' stylist from Oahu but I don't have the name.  One of the knotties just used Leslie and all of us were raving about her hair:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_just-got-slideshow-photogs

Good luck!  I know it can be a bit unnerving to have to replan but you will be just fine.  While hair & makeup are important and there is some natural variation in style, I've found that inner beauty and joy shine through & rarely do you see a bride who doesn't look stunningly radiant.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards