Hawaii

Maui wedding Question: Feast at Lele Luau and Hana Maui Hotel

Hey all, its been FOREVER since I posted but I am back in planning mode for one of the groomsmen in our wedding.  How I've missed you!

As the title states, I need the 411 on those 2 places--the first is the reception and the second is the ceremony.  Given the time and distance, the ceremony and reception will be held on different days, but just wondering who all got married there/going to get married and what is your take on it.  Also they are looking at the Honua Kai resort for accomodations for the families.

Any info would be most appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Maui wedding Question: Feast at Lele Luau and Hana Maui Hotel

• MiniWheatsMiniWheats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know anything about the wedding locations but I did stay at the Honua Kai for 2 weeks.  The grounds are beautiful with 3 pools and lots of chairs.  We stayed in a 3 bedroom directly facing the ocean and the views were amazing.  We could see whales breaching from our living room.  The suites are brand new and very nice with full kitchens.  The only thing we did not like was the wind!  It was windy every day (like so windy, deck chairs would move on the Lanai).  We asked if that was normal and the pool boys said it was always windy because of the location of the Honua Kai.  It is in a wind valley.  It made hanging by the pool not as enjoyable as we were always cold.  Other than that, it was a wonderful place to stay.

Lindsey
  • akan66akan66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Feast at Lele this December.  The location offers great sunsets, and they have a few pretty areas to take pictures.  The show itself was good, and the dancing was really interesting since it wasnt just hula, it was dances from all over polynesia.  The only thing we didn't personally care for that much was the food.  It was good, but very very heavy on seafood, so if you have people in your group who have a more limited palette it would be harder for them to have enough to eat.  There was lots of crab and marlin, one chicken dish, and the traditional pork which was amazing.  I don't know how it would work for larger groups, but the portion sizes were also very small and served family style.  For example we had 5 people there that night but there would be 3-4 pieces of something when it was served.

The service was great, and a fun atmosphere!  It is definitely more relaxed and upscale than a traditional luau since you are served and don't have to get your own food.  I've attached a picture of the view from our table so you can see what the show looks like and how the tables are arranged.  It is a little tight in terms of tables, but every table looked like it had a good view!  Hope this helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kwippykwippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards