Hawaii
Options

Aloha! Oahu DW questions

Aloha!
This is my 1st post. My FI and I just decided a few weeks ago that we were going to do a DW in Oahu, so I have been researching like crazy. I live in MO and have never been there, so I am SUPER excited :)

A couple questions:
1. Has anyone on here worked with Hawaiin Eye Weddings? The reviews I have seen seem pretty good, but there aren't very many.
2. I love the pictures I've seeing of Kualoa Ranch, and I'm especially interested in the Hale Moli'i area. The information I got from them stated that they do not offer refunds for bad weather, but there is no information regarding an indoor backup. If anyone has any experience with them, I would really appreciate it.

I know it's still early, but I don't want to miss out on something because I didn't book it soon enough :)

Mahalo!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aloha! Oahu DW questions

• Options
    Welcome and congrats! When is the wedding? I got married on the windward side of oahu near kualoa ranch in august and we did get rain but it was so gorgeous it wasn't a huge deal in the end. I have info on oahu vendors in my planning link below.
  • Options
    Thanks!
    We're planning on late May/early June 2013. I looked at your planning bio and read some of your reviews. I was looking at Tiki's for our reception dinner and now I'm thinking it might be too loud for us.
    Your pictures look beautiful btw :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    welcome to the board!  Haven't heard of Hawaiian Eye Weddings, but we did site visit of Kualoa Ranch.  Our WC told us that we shoudl have a tent as that side of the island typically did get some passing showers which is why it was so green.    
  • Options
    That side of the island is my favorite! It was like fern gully! Tikis was fine, maybe you could just ask in advance if they are having a band the night of your RD. they had a few group seating areas so it could be quieter inside.
  • Options
    I don't have any of the information you are seeking, but wanted to say, Welcome and Congratulations!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am excited to be here :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I'm getting married on Oahu but don't have any of the info your asking for. I hope you stick around the board!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I lived there up until 2 months ago.  Don't worry too much about the rain.  They usually have some back up, but get it all in writing.  I have never heard of Hawaiian eye weddings.  There are lots of wedding companies - how many people do you plan to have?  What hotel are you staying at?  If you are staying at a hotel, you may want to ask about their in house wedding planners.  You might get a discount or an all inclusive package.  Happy Planning.  Oh and for a honeymoon since you are already in Hawaii you can take a 3 day or 7 day cruise and visit the other islands - it a fab way to do a DW on Oahu. 
    KBLuv
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards