Hawaii

Help! What to do when a vendor isn't paying attention?

Hi girls,

After some tedious handpicking of vendors, most of them have been pretty easy to work with so far.  However, there are one or two vendors (i.e. florist) that I'm having difficulty getting their attention.  

I'm not sure whether it's because we're a smaller wedding than their other events or they're just too busy, but they haven't been responsive during the planning process.  Or when they are responsive, they either (a) don't remember the details that were previously discussed, or (b) avoid answering the 'difficult' questions.  

I know they're busy and have bigger budget weddings to deal with, but I'm still paying for their services and I believe we should have their attention too.  I feel like telling them, but I'm even doubtful that it'll make a difference.  What to do?  Help!

(p.s.  For vendors, such as the florist, when did you start hashing out details?  We have an estimate with deposit paid, but we haven't worked out all the details and style yet.  Getting worried, because we're 2 and a half months out!)

Re: Help! What to do when a vendor isn't paying attention?

• edited December 2011
    I would express your concerns with them. Tell them you're excited to work with them but have some concerns about their lack of memory, commitment, etc. And if you're willing to pull the trigger (I was) tell them you'll take your business elsewhere if they're too busy to have you as a client. Of course, you have to be ready to deal with the possibility that they'll let you go.

Florist details I started really hashing out about six weeks out.
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our WC actually worked directly with our florist so we didn't have any problems on our end, but we had to finalize our flowers one month prior to our wedding.   I would think that with Valentine's Day coming up they are pretty busy with that
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fab - Use your coordinator if you have one.  I had issues getting a quote from our florist (whom I love, but is extremely busy), and once I involved my coordinator I heard from her ASAP.  Also, try to call rather than email.  If I email I expect to hear back within 2-3 weeks whereas if I call I can get her right away. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards