Hawaii
Options

DW Hawaii wedding HELP!

Hello Knot Brides!

My FI and I are really leaning toward getting married in Hawaii September of next year. Neither one of us have had the opportunity to visit the beautiful state so we know little about the islands and are having an impossible time choosing! We want a more secluded, romantic, area. But we also want to go hiking, snorkeling, zip lining, and such. We are on a budget as well. So if anyone has any recommendations on which island, great resorts, things to do, places to see, please please PLEASE let me know! I also contacted BBW and am planning on working with them throughout the wedding planning process.

Thank you!

Sarah

Re: DW Hawaii wedding HELP!

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kauai is probably the  most secluded and one of the most beautiful islands, however, you'll find that Maui has everything you're asking for. You can find a beautiful place to get married, all of those activites, and if you want somewhere lovely and secluded, Hana is one of the most amazing places in the world. 

I loved Maui so much that I have a feeling we'll never go back to Hawaii without spending at least a portion of the trip on Maui.

The frommer's books are REALLY good for helping you plan your trip based on how much time you have. We were planning on island hopping in our one week there, but instead, we took the book's advice and stayed on Maui the whole time. There were enough activities recommended in the book that we could have kept ourselves busy for a month.
  • Options
    dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Brea. Maui can be secluded, but it can be touristy, so it's a great mix of both. If you go to upcountry Maui, it's secluded, but of course if you head to the resort areas, there will be a lot of tourists. 

I also agree with Frommer's. They are my FAVORITE travel guide books!

Also, the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook is also great! I beleive there's one for Maui as well...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Oahu - at Turtle Bay - it is beautiful - I too have never been to Hawaii but my fiance is stationed there - I leave to go see him this Friday!!!  I will update you on my return!
  • Options
    rashmachrashmach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you are getting married is a great time to think about life insurance for you and your new spouse. There is a website where you can find tons of information and live licensed life insurance advisors who can help you figure out if you need life insurance and help you find the right policy.  I work for this company and we help a lot of people. It is really easy. Visit our site. http://bit.ly/tGK1xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards